Re: No sound, white square

Two days in and so far no problems!

Glenn_london
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 10, 2017

Hi Ben,

My wave has shown STOPPED twice today, so does not look as if the problem has been solved.   All units are on the 5.4 GHz network, nothing else is and the network is running at 38 MB per second.  

Glenn

Sturle
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 11, 2018

Thanks for previous advice.

It’s the same here: EVERYRHING runs smoothly after restarts etc - EXCEPT the two SoundTouches.

Dear Bose representatives: Why dont you start looking at the software at some point? Too much to ask? 😡
Steven
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @Glenn_london,

Thank you for updates, sorry to see this is continuing to happen. Can you supply us with the make and model of your router? Also, can you go to Speedtest.net and provide us with detail of your upload and download speed? 

If you can also gather your SoundTouch systems signal strength as well. You can do this by opening the SoundTouch app, choose Settings, select About and click/press each system to display the signal strength.

Hi @Sturle,

Thank you for working on this with us, we ultimately want to get this resolved for our customers. Can you also go to Speedtest.net and supply us with details? We would also like to gather the make and model of your router as well.

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel

rpb99
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

I still have the same problem despite spending quite a bit of time splitting my wifi netork and connecting my Soundtouch 20 series iii to the 5 Ghz network.

I have a BT homehub 6 router - so possibly the most common router out there.  My download speed is around 30 MBps and upload speed is around 5 MBps.

Bose - time for a new software release that works. 

audiolover
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

Agreed. My setup hasn't changed at all so why are you guys at Bose asking me to troubleshoot my unit or router makes no sense. It's no doubt linked to a botched firmware a couple of releases ago as I did not have any such issues before those.
Sturle
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 11, 2018

Thanks for your reply.

All the advices here, from the Bose staff, seem to be well ment. As NONE of them works, the previous posting has the best advice: Start fixing the software, Bose!

Many other users have pointed out that the white square started showing up after a software update. So why all the fuss with all the other, noninteresting points?

Maybe the company cannot solve the problem itself? I do agree with a previous posting here: People should be warned about Boses lack of competence and service. Reviews at Amazon is a good place to start.

Steven
Glenn_london
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 10, 2017

Hi Joel,

The router is Sky ER110

The upload speed is 33.32 Download is 9.65

Unfortunately there is no about setting on the Apple app, so I cannot advise on the strength of the signal at the speaker.   If there is a way I could download another app please advise me.  

Our set set up is one Wave, three Soundtouch 10, one Soundtouch Link and one Soundtouch 30.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn_london
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 10, 2017

Hi Joel,

i have now found the speaker signal strenths and they and they are either good or fair.

Glenn

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I encountered the same problem following the latest update on different speakers using different accounts at different locations. I had to reset the speakers and modems by unplugging the devices, waiting 30 sec and rebooting, in order to get the internet radio channels working again.