Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 10, 2015

Noise when loading CD and accessing tracks on Bose Wave SoundTouch music system IV

Hello,
Just bough a Wave Soundtouch IV. There is an annoying noise (mechanical not through the speaker said) when loading and ejecting CD's as well as when the laser is accessing tracks (whirling/whistling noise). Is this normal?
I have an older Wave/CD top loading CD from 2002 and the CD player does not make this much mechanical noise.
Any new purchasers of the Wave Soundtouch IV hear the noises I described?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Re: Noise when loading CD and accessing tracks on Bose Wave SoundTouch music system IV

That's certainly odd.  Obviously some mechanical noise is expected but it shouldn't be to the point where it's annoying.  If the CD's are computer made (burned) disc and/or have printed labels on them, that could be the cause. If you're using standard store bought CD's that don't have any significant scratches or damage to them then I'd be concerned about the mechanical noise.
If this is the case, I'd recommend you have the system replaced with a new one through the original point of purchase to be on the safe side. 
Thanks! 
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 10, 2015

Re: Noise when loading CD and accessing tracks on Bose Wave SoundTouch music system IV

Thanks Jason
Any owners of the Wave Soundtouch music system IV here mechanical noise when inserting disc and accessing tracks?