Jchamberlain1971
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 16, 2017

Nothing but Problems

Having owned 1 SoundTouch 30, and now 2 soundtouch 10's I have to say the speaker connection process is flawed. Since a recent speaker update I've lost all connectivity to the 3 speakers, all showing as connected on the speaker itself, yet offline on the app. Have tried everything possible to reset, reconnect, wifi connection you name it... but all without success. Losing the will to live here, why have BOSE made this so difficult. Every time i try and reconnect the speaker, it cant find them, yet the status shows connected. When i try and remove the speakers to re-install, they wont disappear from the list. When i do a factory reset it appears to hold past connections....all i want to do is play music...come on BOSE..this lot cost me in excess of 600 pounds.....i need some assistance. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Angryofm
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Re: Nothing but Problems

Sorry that I can't help you much as I have so far managed to NOT update my ST's after being burnt many times in the past...

Bose are useless, at least you are not alone, most of us here regret purchasing Bose ST's and are warning all friends against Bose...

Hi Jchamberlain,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with updates.  Have you also tried a reboot on your wireless router?  

Are the devices currently showing that they're connected to your router?

Thanks,

Brandon

heatman5
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Jchamerlain,

When you have issues with connectivity, go over to the SoundTouch, turn it on and choose a preset. If the preset plays, then the problem is between your network and the device you're trying to use to connect, such as iPad, smart phone, etc. if the preset won't play, try removing the SoundTouch appliances from the app and starting fresh using the directions that came with each SoundTouch. This has always worked for me in the past and I would be very surprised if this wouldn't work for you also. Good Luck and please post your results here. Thank you.

heatman5

lovemybose38
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

Bose is unwilling to admit that the recent software update has bricked many wireless units.  The factory reset options on my Bose SoundTouch Music System III (wave) base don't even produce the solid light anymore.  I hooked up a Windows laptop to the speaker to try and set it up via that method and the device is throwing an error - 'A request for the USB device descriptor failed.'  Basically, the unit is bricked and cannot be probed via USB, ethernet or any other method.  There has been silence on this topic for any further options and I now have a base that is completely useless for playing Internet media.  NOT happy.

Hi lovemybose38,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system after the update.  If you're not getting any response out of the SoundTouch pedestal, I'd ask that you contact your local support center so we can arrange for service for the system.

If there are any issues or you have anymore questions, please let me know ASAP.

Best Regards,

Brandon