stopspyingonme
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 30, 2018

Operate sound touch 300 off-line

Given that Bose seems to be committed to push updates onto the soundbar 300 without my ability to opt out and in the context of these updates consistently screws up my setup, I'd like to operate the device I paid a lot of money for without it being connect  to the internet. Anyone know how to get that done?

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Operate sound touch 300 off-line

Well if you'd know the IPs / addresses the st300 is receiving the updates from ,block it on the router. Or you could try if just disabling the wifi is doing the job for you.

Highlighted
Aiml3ssCalam1ty
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2018

Re: Operate sound touch 300 off-line

I've never been 'forced' to do an update; When I open the app it will immediately prompt to install if it's available but I can simply ignore it if I chose to (I update anyways, don't have issues with it myself). However, depending on your router, you may be able to go into it's settings and disable it's connection to the internet while leaving it connected to your wireless network. Unfortunately you'll lose the ability to 'Cast' from some devices or apps that require the soundbar to be connected to the internet to pull a data stream directly on it's own. If you're router allows you to see what IP's and ports are being accessed in real-time you could allow an update and check which ones are being used and block them. The only issues I've ever had were with regards to ARC and a defective AdaptIQ headset that has a loose connection. ARC only ever poses an issue if power is lost such as the surge protector being turned off, in which case I have to attempt a new 'handshake' which can sometimes take a while... Other than that it's served me well, other than I really need an Acoustimass 300 ^_^

I wish you luck and hope you're able to acheive the result you are after.