Pomps
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Re: PLAY ALL NOT WORKING - DO NOT BUY SOUNDTOUCH PRODUCTS IF YOU WANT TO USE PLAY ALL

Hi Tony
Is there likely to be a general update that addresses this issue, or are we sticking with the case by case patching?
I ask because I have intermittent issues with play all, but have always been able to resolve them and not sure whether the patch will help or make it worse. Is there a reason for not defaulting the patch to all systems?
Community Manager

Re: PLAY ALL NOT WORKING - DO NOT BUY SOUNDTOUCH PRODUCTS IF YOU WANT TO USE PLAY ALL

Hi Peter

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!  

I'm sorry to hear about the Play All issues, and yes we do have a patch that should help with this particular issue.  I'm going to PM you to gather a bit more information to see if we can escalate this up to development to get this resolved for you.

@Pomps

We are currently working on a global update to address this issue.  We are pushing the patches on a case by case scenario as we are finalizing an update before the end of the year.  

Dutchpats
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

I think I have received a patch but nothing seems to help!

I can play one Bose Soundtouch speaker at a time yet I have 5 of them to hear music thoughout the house and yard. Please help me and everyone else in this predicament!

Thanks,

Patsy

Niklas1965@hotmail.se
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 14, 2018

This is really an epic failure. Ok there is an update that went wrong so correct it, but Bose just let it go on for weeks and months turning our speakers into stand alone speakers like stereos many years ago. I recommend that all of us contact Hifi magazines, consumer groups etc to put pressure on Bose. Because unfortunately they do not seem to care about us if we just complain on ther Webb site. I’ve not received the patch yet but it is worrying if you say it is not working. I was so looking forward to the patch.
Dutchpats
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Niklas,

Thanks for your reply. It is a huge issue for sure! I just went swimming and turned outside on. Now I am in the den and den is on. In a while I will go to the kitchen and have to change speakers again! When I come back to the den the TV won't find the bose soundtouch 300 it is attached to (with ARC HDMI connection) because the soundbar was last used for music and now it is tv. Much too much trouble for what we paid! And when I am not home no one in the family knows how to get music to come on at all as it took me a PhD to get it down.... Sad state for the best sounding wireless speakers I could find on the market!

Community Manager

Hi @Dutchpats

Thanks for providing the feedback about the Play All issue.  It looks like your systems were just updated an hour ago, since then, has the Play All feature worked?  

@Niklas1965@hotmail.se

Thank you for also reaching out to us.  I was able to take a look at the account based on your user name and it shows that you have not received the patch yet.  I'm going to reach out to you via PM to gather a bit more information to escalate to our development team to push the patch to you.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Niklas1965@hotmail.se
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 14, 2018

Hi

No the update has not helped. Maybe even worse. The app can’t find two of my speakers at all. The two remaining speakers are still stand alone.
Niklas
Rock Dancing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Hi Tony,

Can you help out those of us still struggling with "play all" from this thread too?

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/When-will-Play-All-Add-speaker-work-It-s-been-mont...

For some reason, I don't see it anymore on the first couple pages of the forum messages even though it from the last week.  I had to specifically search for it (I'm in the thread).

Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi Rock Dancing

Thanks for reaching out to us!  

I will certainly reach out to the people on that post!

Thank you,

Tony A 

Tracyb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Hi.  How am I able to get the same update for my speakers?.  I am having terrible trouble 

thanks 

Tracy