Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

Pair Soundtouch 10 Duo with Bluetooth transmitter

I have a projector, with AUX connection. I'm trying to get the output via Bluetooth to a stereo configured SoundTouch 10 duo. I use the Marmitek Boomboom 55 for this. It transmits a bluetooth signal. However, pairing doesn't work. I put the 10's in pair modus, then I put the Boomboom in pair modus, but they can't find eachother. I'm pretty sure I'mn doing it right. Is this something that is not possible with the Boses? Pairing with the Boomboom 55 works with an older small bluetooth speaker I still have.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Pair Soundtouch 10 Duo with Bluetooth transmitter

Hi nitram,

Can you try to power cycle your SoundTouch 10s and re-test? Can you try to pair another device like a smart phone to your SoundTouch 10 and see if it will connect? Can you also try to clear the paring list and re-pair? To do this:

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left 

2. Choose "Settings" > "Speaker Settings" and select the desired system from the list of systems on the network 

3. From the system details screen, choose "Bluetooth

4. Choose "Clear Bluetooth Pairing List

5. A "Pairing List Cleared" message briefly displays at the top of the app to confirm and the connected system emits a tone 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

Hi Brent,

Smartphone pairing worked, and pairing with a cheap Logitech bluetooth speaker also does.

Thanks for the suggestions! I already tried to powercycle, tried repairing (and cleaning the list of paired devices), but nu success. I returned the Marmitek Boomboom 55, but I still would like to find a solution for this. Btw, the projector I want to stream the sound of, is an Epson EH-TW5350, with Bluetooth transmitter, and it has the same problem. I bought the Marmitek as a fix for the problem. Something doesn't seem right with the Bluetooth pairing. It works with my phone, and with the cheap speaker I bought a couple of years ago. Still any ideas?

Regards,

Martin

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Martin, 

Have you tried to pair the projector to the Logitech directly and play audio via Bluetooth?  If the projector works connected directly with the Logitech, then there may be an incompatibility with our systems and the EH-TW5350. If this is the case we can escalate this on to our engineering team to see if we can get some additional insight. Please let us know.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

I tried pairing with the projector in the first place, it didn't work. That's why I bought the BoomBoom (thinking it was a problem between the projector and Bose). It finds the speaker, but when it tries to connect I get the message "Failed to connect". I tried it a couple of times, always the same result.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

hi, I have the same problem with a bluetooth turntable. Connect well to a bose headphones, not working with the soundtouch 10 solo or paired with a second soundtouch 10. Have you found a fix for this issue ?