Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Re: Paired speakers, bluetooth and tv lag

No worries. I totally agree with you. Thank you for the reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

I have the same problem
The delay on my Samsung UHD 4K JU6700 + Bosé Revolve+ x 2.
We need a fix BOSE!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I too have the same problem...albeit that the lag is perhaps 0.5 sec but definitely noticeably and can be a bit irritating with dialogue shows.

I tried connecting an aux in to the speakers and the lag is gone but another problem came up...feedback!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi JimSee, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. Yes, there is a lag with Bluetooth audio and our SoundTouch systems due to the audio processing. Can you elaborate a little further as to the feedback you are mentioning while using the AUX connection? Was there a microphone enabled that was causing this? Can you try to disable the mic and see if that eliminates the feedback? Because of the lag, using the AUX connection would be a better alternative but we need to try and get rid of that feedback for you. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Hi Guys,

I am new in this forum, but facing the same issue of lagging. The situation is same here fall in love with those speaker because of its design as well as sound quality but it seems I have to return them because of this problem. We generally spend our free times in front of tv. But I could not connect them with TV. Not only that I even did not see anywhere that BOSE is working on this issue but recomending to purchase some sound bars which I donot like. So before returning them just wanted to give a last try if I can get some solution in this forum.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Bluetooth audio isn't meant for video. There will be a delay. There may be a setting in your TV to reduce any audio delay it may be performing to sync its video. My Samsung TV does under the Expert Settings in the Sound menu (it can be decreased and increased from its default setting).

Some people aren't bothered by Bluetooth audio delay, which may depend on what they usually watch, while for other its unbearable once noticed. The solution in that case would be to hardwire the audio system, ideally one meant for video.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Thanks for reply. The audio delay does not allow me to set a -ve like -5 in my tv. So that option will not work for me. Anyway thanks for helping me to get decission to return them back also thanks for saving my $320 (just kidding)..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2018

There will laways be some delay in a bluetooth audio system, it is unavoidable.  It is also impossible for any device to create negative delay, you would need a time machine for that. So the only possible solution to this problem is to delay the video by the same amount.  That of course can only be done by the TV or the video source (dvd payer etc).  So it is not possible for Bose to provide a solution to this isuue.

Many modern TVs have delay adjustments, my Samsung has a audio delay setting in MENU/SOUND/ADDITIONAL SETTINGS and while audio delay is not what we are looking for to solve this problem, you may find that the default value is greater than zero to allow for the video delay built into the TV and therefore the problem could be helped by reducing the audio delay to a lower value.

I suspect there probably won't be enough adjustment to cure the problem but it may mitigate it.

Human beings are less sensative to audio delayed compared to video than we are to video delay.  That is because we are naturally used to hearing the sound late from things which are a distance away as the sound travels more slowly.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

While this is true, some devices have a smaller delay than iothers, and the lag might not be noticeable. SoundTouch products have a VERY large lag, but Bose seems to conceal this information, even though they are perfectly aware that many customers buy their products for the use case we are discussing. 

To me, this is a <slang for a human male sex organ> move.