Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Pairing SoundTouch 300 soundbar with Soundtouch 10

Is possible to pair SoundTouch 300 soundbar with Soundtouch 10. My tv in other room and some times i walked into other room and missing some content(no need to backward) if i can pair it most useful:)

Thanks

Ravi

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Pairing SoundTouch 300 soundbar with Soundtouch 10

Hello chandra2ravi,

Thank you for your post. For clarification, are you looking to rebroadcast your TV audio from your SoundTouch 300 to your SoundTouch 10 speaker? If so, please see the following instructions: 

1. Turn on Video Sync for your SoundTouch 300
  2. In the SoundTouch app, navigate to Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings, then select the desired system
  3. On the Speaker Details screen, choose "Group Settings"
  4. Use the toggle to the right of "Video Sync" to turn the feature on or off
    • Turn on video sync to keep this speaker's audio and video in sync (other speakers may sound delayed). If you don't play audio for video through this speaker, turn off video sync. 
  5. Play your TV audio, and select either PLAY ALL or create a group in the SoundTouch app. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Hi,

Please can the SoundTouch 300 be paired with 2 SoundTouch 20 to listen to movies from tv?

Regards
Jambito
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jambito,

Thank you for your inquiry. The TV/Movie audio can certainly be rebroadcasted from the SoundTouch 300 to other SoundTouch speakers, including the SoundTouch 20 speakers. However, this is not a feature that is intended to be used in the same room. You shouldn't attempt to use the SoundTouch 20s as additional home-theater speakers. For this, we'd recommend the Virtually Invisible 300 wireless surround speakers. 

If you are planning on rebroadcasting the audio to different areas or rooms, see the instructions above. These steps will certainly work for SoundTouch 20s as well. Just remember, not all speakers will be in perfect sync with the video content on your TV. 

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply to my question. I have tried the Vi300 with my SoundTouch 300, but not impressed with the sound quality.
I feel with the SoundTouch 20, there will be a real Bose sound quality.
Please can you elaborate more why the SoundTouch 20 can be used in different rooms from the SoundTouch 300 and not in the same room.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Ben
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jambito,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't impressed with the Virtually Invisible 300 wireless surround speakers. However, we appreciate you giving them a try!

And yes, I'd be happy to explain. Basically, the Virtually Invisible 300 wireless surround speakers (and Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module) are capable of connecting directly to the SoundTouch 300 soundbar. Although we do recommend connecting the system to your home network, you can still accomplish this wireless setup without connecting to your home network. This allows for a simple, direct connection with minimal latency issues. 

Now, the SoundTouch 20 and all other SoundTouch speakers use your home network to communicate with each other. The speakers do not communicate directly with each other. Instead, they send and receive information through your router first, and pull streaming content from the Bose SoundTouch servers (the internet). As you can see, the communication path becomes quite a bit more complex, and this is why there is a bit of latency. The speakers are engineered to sync with each other, so that you do not notice the latency from one speaker to the next. Because there is no video to compare to, the music sounds perfectly normal and in sync. However, once you add video from a connected device to the equation, you will notice the delay. The audio will still be in sync between your SoundTouch speakers, but you will notice it is slightly behind the video on the screen. 

This is a very general explanation, but I hope it helps to visualize the difference. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

I just purchased the ST 10s. I am currently running the sountouch 300, base module, and VI300 speakers in my living room. We purchased the ST10s so we could rebroadcast from the ST300 to the 10s as a stereo pair in the kitchen. I have followed all the steps below and cannot get the rebroadcast to work. My Soundbar is hooked up to the TV through the HDMI ARC. I was able to get the speakers to play independently but, not together. I updated the software on the Soundbar and the ST10s to no avail. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

CGK

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi CGK,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. When using this feature, we recommend connecting your SoundTouch systems to a 5gHz Wireless network, as this can improve performance with multiple speakers. If you have a dual-band router, I'd recommend making sure that both systems are connecting to the 5GHz band, and not the 2.4GHz band. 

Also, I'd recommend doing a quick router reboot. Simply disconnect power from your router, and reconnect after one minute. 

Please let us know if any of these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

We have the same problem I have managed to sync all the speakers to the sound bar but it is delayed to the tv video, if we we’re to hard wire the 2 sound touch 10 speakers via the Aux out put to the tv like the sound bar would this help ?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Bubbles,

Thank you for posting. The feature you are describing is correct and is known as Wired Rebroadcast. If you turn on the Video Sync within the SoundTouch application, the SoundTouch 300 will be in sync with video, however there will be a delay in the other systems you "Play All" to. If you turn it off, the audio will match across all speakers, but will not be matched up to the video. The full article on this feature can be found HERE.

I would not suggest to hard wire the SoundTouch 10's to AUX out port on the TV, there will also be delay when a video source is used.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support