Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 31, 2016

Pairing of SoundTouch 20 speakers

Hi,
Ive just bought a pair of SoundTouch 20 speakers and want to pair them so that they give a fuller sound with better separation in my lounge, a stereo pair if you like. The app allows me to group them together and the sound sounds great but when I turn the speakers off and then when I turn them back on again the pairing is lost and I have to re-pair them. Is there a way to make the pairing permanent? thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 22, 2015

Re: Pairing of SoundTouch 20 speakers

Hello South coaster,
At present, these is no way to make the pairing between systems permanent – it must be reset each time the host system is turned off. This feature is relatively popular among users, though, so please add it as a suggestion to our feature request thread so it will have greater visibility with our developers. 
Thank you

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 31, 2016

Hello,
many thanks for the swift reply it's appreciated, although disappointed as it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear because it could be a deal breaker for me. I'm reassured that other people are asking for the same feature (I know Sonos has it) so will definitely put a post one the feature request thread in the hope that it will get picked up and implemented soon.
many thanks for your assistance.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2016

I'm thinking of buying SoundTouch 10 and 20 today and have read about the stereo pairing issue. Sounds like a big disadvantage. What I don't understand is whether it's a software (easily solved through an update) or hardware (more difficult to solve, I guess) issue. Can someone elaborate?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Okck,
Stereo-pairing is a feature we are looking at adding to the SoundTouch 10 in the future. There have been no additional details announced around this, and thus we cannot speculate when this update would arrive or whether it can/will be applied to other SoundTouch models as well. 
Thank you for your question.