lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Phaseguide problem

Dear community,

i do have a problem with the phaseguide technology used by the ST300. Please see my living room in the picture attached. I do not have a wall at the right sight of the television. At the moment effect-sounds seem to come from behind the plant on the left, while the right side is very silent. AdaptIQ makes it even worse. Is there anything planned for the future? Or is there something i can do at the moment? I already tried to cover the left side of the ST300, but that did not help.

https://imgur.com/a/QuB2w

In addition: I read about all those bass problems with FW15, but i do not have this issues. I really like the sound of FW15. Yes, i had to increase the bass level (from 3 to 4), but the sound is very good. And in my case Adaptiq in FW15 does fire tones out of the AM300.

21 REPLIES 21
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Phaseguide problem

I maybe do somewhat have a similar problem.  I do have a L -shaped couch/sofa and the side with the backrest does not sound as present as the one without.

Adaptiq seemingly is not able to fix that in terms of accoustic i guess, because thats physics?! Not sure if the possibility to manually adjust the levels for the affected channel would solve this. Adding the VI300 rears did make it sound better, but not to the full 100%, thats what i feel like.

a bose rep was not able to respond on this topic just ,yet. But i would not expect much about it. Maybe changing the position of the furniture and stuff would be the right choice, though not everyone is able to do this due to limited space etc.

lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Well, i tested the soundbar in my sleeping room as well which is a perfect square and the ST was positioned right in the middle of a wall, but the result was exactly the same. Left channel is louder than right one. AdaptIQ was also not able to fix this. 

MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Seems like we should revive this thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Soundtouch-300-AdaptiQ-concentrate-right-audio-on-...

And have some mode get over there so we can have this addressed.
lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Well, as it seems to be a common issue, it'd be nice to see a Bose moderator replying and escalating this.

HI Lena, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. I would have thought it could have been related to your room but in your second post, you mention that you have even tried the soundbar in a completely square room and had the same result. So something else has to be going on here. I'd like to try a few things, and If we can't get this resolved, we'll escalate this up. MykelNeiD is right; we saw something similar in that linked thread. 

Curiously, do you experience this off balance audio from all sources (TV, PlayStation, SoundTouch sources) or more from one particular source? Is this a new issue or has your soundbar always done this? Can you try to factory default the system, then re-pair the AM300 and see if the issue continues or clears up? 

Please, let us know. 

Thanks

lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Hi Brent, 

thank you for your reply.

As i mentioned already, it is a little worse after using Adaptiq, but just a little. So i already tried a FW reset and i am running defaults in v15 now. It does not make a difference which source is connected, no matter if AC3, DTS, or Stereo Content, the left channel is louder. The soundstage is phenomal, but you can here it from everywhere in the room, the EFFECT sounds are coming from behind the plant, other side absolutely nothing. Also it does not make a difference if connected through ARC/Optical or directly to the ST300 (HDMI IN).

I dont think that this is a bad unit, because our ST300 was already changed (due to another problem), but the louder left channel is still there. Would be great to have a balance setting in the app, even when the soundstage gets smaller. It is not an option to buy the VI300 just to make it a little better. Of course, Bose can send me some VI300 for testing purposes for free 😛

I am not sure if this was that heavy with v14 and i am not willing to do a downgrade as v15 sounds absolutely amazing here (and i am missing the correct cable to do so).

Thanks,

Lena

Hi lena,

Thank you very much for clarifying. The VI300s are great so I can definitely understand why you'd want to test them out! 

I've escalated this up to the software team. I'm very curious to hear what they think about the issue. Do you notice the same issue when playing audio to the Soundbar via Bluetooth or using a SoundTouch source? 

Kind Regards

lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Yes, also with SoundTouch sources and Bluetooth (tested radio channels through ST app and YouTube via Bluetooth).

When i turn the ST300 upside down it is better, but still there. So it is a related to my room AND something in the ST300. Maybe the dev team can send me a test FW with Left -5 and Right +5?

Thank you, lena; I will relay this to the team.