its dual. looks like all 3 are running on 5ghz in router

@studdardcs wrote:
Is your router dual band?

studdardcs
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Re: Play all issue with 16.x

We had to give our 2.4 and 5 different names in configurations in the router and assign the speakers to that one frequency. We also made sure that the device with the SoundTouch app that we were using for setup was using that specific frequency only as well.
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

As far as I know, they need to have different names so you can log devices onto one or the other.

ToddW
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

So yes....Same as others have had to do with their dual routers, I had to rename my 5G band. Its been 2 days now and all is good.

KCindy
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

What if you use soundtouch app on multiple devices such as a PC and Android phone? I would have to tell each device running the app to ignore the other frequency. Seriously?

KCindy
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

Is there no other solution such as rolling back to the software prior to the last update? Hell, Bose can pretend they have a new update and just set it back to the old update. IE call it 17 when you are just re-releasing 15, i will be fine with that.

Also, what is with customer support referring customers to other customers posting on a board for solutions to issues? Even the local car lot has a chat line to contact support!

ANTireland
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Tried all solutions. Still have this problem. These speakers were a huge investment, $$$$ thousands around my house. And now totally unusable

gilper536@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

The update 17.0.12 solved my "Play All" problem. I have a SoundTouch 300 and a ST 30.

KCindy
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2016

I'm on 17.170.82 with two soundtouch 10s. All play is not working if I turn both speakers on and have playing when I hit play all on one of them the second speaker goes silent. Don't want to go through renaming and excluding portions of my wifi from my devices.
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I have my WIFI setup with two different names.  I connect everything that will connect to the 5 and everything that won't connect to the 2.4.  I think that's the best strategy.