Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Play all issue with 16.x

Engineering continues to actively investigate the root cause of the Play All/Group Speakers issue, reported by a very small percentage of users. We will release the SoundTouch 16.0.x ecosystem to additional customers in the coming days in hopes of gathering more data.

We are taking this staged approach to limit the impact to our customers. Check back here regularly for the latest updates.

The release notes for this update are available HERE

- - - 

*** 10/13/17 Update *** 

The primary issue communicated to us relates to using the Play All feature, and/or adding speakers to a group in the SoundTouch app.  Audio can only be heard from the master speaker, even though the app appears to show all speakers still active within the group.  This occurs regardless of which speaker is initiated as the master.  Below are common troubleshooting steps we have found to address this issue. 

1. If you have a dual band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) router, try connecting one or more of the speakers to a different band.  We have noticed that some customers are seeing performance issues on one band that they are not seeing on the other.
  2. If you have a dual band router, verify that each band has a unique SSID (network name).
  3. Verify that the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) setting on your router is at the highest possible settings to avoid packet drop outs.
  4. Turn the QoS setting on or off to identify if that is affecting the network performance.

We encourage anyone who is unable to resolve this issue with the aforementioned troubleshooting to reach out to us for additional help.  We have been and will continue to work diligently to better understand and resolve any remaining issues.

242 REPLIES 242
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Re: Play all issue with 16.x

The same answer all time.....

Can you guys give me a real solution?.... more than 1 mounth fighting with this issue..

Best!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Hey Brent_B

Please provide us users with the old firmware to downgrade.

Actively looking for an old firmware because this is getting ridiculous

Post the 15.0.x firmware link until you guys figure this out

Paying over $280 CAD for the SoundTouch 10 and just shy of $680 CAD on for the SoundTouch 30 for them not to link up together is absoulutely ridiculous!

How can you make your customers wait when we can it's just a software update and don't need someone to come to your house to fix it

Please talk to your engineers on a roll back firmware until this is figured out

We need this issue resoved before 6PM EST tomorrow with plans later on

The best part about buying something nice is to show it off to friends

What is worse you can't even play 2 different playlist at the same time!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Dont worry guys. A huge company like bose, have defently throught of a way

of saying sorry?  Proberly in the form of a great voucher for the next time 

u/i buy somthing in there shop or ill be giving my 2 week old 7 speakers back?!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

please be fast. threre are several persons and threads reporting this so it's not a minor issue.

G.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

I am having the same play all issue

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Toichato, kice, Robbbobby, Giobannigatto, and JJDynamite6,

To clarify what we're seeing with this, the master system will still play audio normally but all supplemental speakers don't produce audio, although they do appear to stay joined in the group. Please let me know if you're experiencing something differently as you may have a similar but different issue. 

So far, we've been able to resolve many of these through troubleshooting focused on the network and making it more stable. If you have a dual band router, please make sure the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands have unique names. Also, if your systems are on the 5 GHz band, please try to move one or more systems to the 2.4 GHz band and re-test. Also, we'd recommend disabling the WMM setting in your router as well. 

Please let us know if these help. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Hi Brent_B

I have the exactly issue you describe... I tried wiht your help but did not work

Please let me know other posible solutions

Best!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

I have to agree, instead of leaving customers with the new app update that doesnt work you should role back the update so we can use our systems as intended and you can sort out the issue on your end.  I do not like the solution that you suggest we change router settings on our end to resolve your app issues.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

I have a Lifestyle 650 and a Soundtouch 20 that are both on version 16. the only issue I'm having is when I play all, the app will show the volume sliders at 0 even though they are clearly producing audio. It seems as if the app isn't in sync with the speakers. I have to force quit the app and relaunch it for it to read correctly. Not a huge deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning.