Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Re: Play all issue with 16.x

I'm having the same issue. What needs to happen for a company like Bose to just decide to reverse the firmware until the problem is fixed? This is not a small issue. Hundreds of people are experiencing it. When are you going to stop ignoring your customers?

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Non of all the above made a difference

However !!!
On each device

Hold 4 and Volume -
Wait 5ish minutes

Forces an update and now it works!

Hope this helps out everyone
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Hi Kice,

Just tried your solution without success. Thanks for the advice.  Did you do anything in the app?

Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

I switched of qos on router and then moved all speakers to 2.4ghz network and all work fine. Can pair speakers and group play. I have tried updating firmware, individually updating off a usb but nothing has worked. I have a decent 5g network from an asus router so not sure what the issues but that has worked for me. Do 2 plus volume - on each and change their wireless in settings connect to network
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2017

I am so sick and tired of not being able to play music through the house.  Constant issues for over 2 or 3 years since we bought this. Once in awhile it works. Constant battle to reload software and work around issues...now I have only one speaker that works.  NO BOZE, I don't want to troubleshoot every few months TERRIBLE product, no service, good sound intermittently.  

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

I bought a decent dual-band router with these speakers because the 2.4 range has too much interference. I refuse to move the speakers to 2.4 and have them cutout when someone runs the microwave etc. It’s absurd that you’re asking your customers to make router changes. How many people are likely unable to do this themselves, for various reasons. You guys need to provide a firmware/software rollback option ASAP. I’m starting to look at what Sonos and others have to offer...
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2017

Hey brother, I just did it on each of my 2 SoundTouch 10’s. It worked! Kudos to you! 

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

Did what exactly?
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

I manually updated all my speakers and took the time to reconnect them through WIFI yesterday and set them up on my 5.0G network and had no success.  I just switched all my speakers to 2.4G today and the system is working again, thanks to everyone in the community for your suggestions.  I am very disappointed in Bose for the lack of testing before they released this last update, and the fact that they have not resolved the problem. It is up to the consumer to troubleshoot and resolve an issue created by Bose.  I have spent several hours fixing this issue.  I have a lot invested in this system and was thinking of expanding it, however there are many more options for this type of sound system out there. I will be looking around.

Does anyone think Bose will compensate its consumers?

Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

It's not working!

I forced my Soundtouch 20 II for the update and tried also changing Network from 5Ghz to 2.4GHz..

I still can't play the music between my mac (iTunes) and my Speaker correctly. There is still a gap from about 2 sec.

It worked fine before, so I don't understand why its not possible to find the solution. And also I wanna use Airplay in the future and not only bluetooth!!! But If you cant fix it, I will change to SONOS!!!!!