Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

Re: Play all issue with 16.x

And by the way: STOP UPDATING EVERY MONTH! 

Or give us the option to ignore the updates. I don't need those new features from the last Update! I just wanna listen to my music. 

Never change a running system...

😞

Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

M6500 has the right answer. Never fix a system when it's working. After trouble shooting my system on my own I now have it working again. I do not see an improvement in the app. Why was there an update?  If it's not broke, don't fix it!

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

I reset all my systems and connected them to a 2.4ghz channel and all worked like a charm. I am thankful for the assistance!
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Hi,

I noticed one funny thing.

The "play all" doesn't work between my 20 and the wireless link (it worked before but after the update it didn't anymore) 

But if i link them I can control the the wireless link device thru the soundtouch 20. The 20 doesnt play any music - only the wireless link - but i can control the wireless link thru the remote of the 20. It shows me the spotify logo with a check mark beside it - no sound but I can skip songs etc. pp

Does that make any sense?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Toichato, 

If you've tried separating the bands and putting one or more systems on 2.4, adjust MTU, QOS, and you're still having issues there are a few other things to try. First, can you check the signal strength going to your systems using THIS procedure? If the signal strength is not strong, we have some steps in the article HERE that can help. Curiously, what is the make and model of your router? Can you try to unplug your router and systems from power for 30 seconds and re-test? Please let us know if this doesn't resolve it. 

Hi Jay7962, 

Thank you for sharing what you're experiencing. It's very similar. Have you tried unplugging your router for 30 seconds and re-testing? I'm also curious if any of the above troubleshooting can help to prevent this from re-occuring. Please, let us know. 

Hi kandetvara,

If you change which system is the master (the one you select first), does the issue stay the same or does it reverse? I'm trying to figure out if you have the same issue as everyone else on here, or something different.  Can you try the troubleshooting mentioned above and see if it helps? 

Thank you 

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

Why a new thread? What is happening with this issue?

I have reset my router. I will not move my speakers to 2.4 GHz. I should not have to make network changes. This was working prior to the faulty update.

I see the app was updated when I launched it today. Did not fix this issue. The firmware needs to be fixed.

You must know what broke this because you wrote his recent firmware update. So please, fix it already!
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

6 weeks I have been messing around with my speakers and wasting my time on this forum when there WAS absolutely nothing wrong with any of them to begin with. Please provide information on how they can be collected or returned for a refund.

Regards

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi nype and Selanant75, 

Please reach out to your local service group HERE so they can assist. 

Hi PeHo, 

Many apologies that you're experiencing that issue. It is different than what we're addressing on this particular thread so we're going to move it to its own thread so we can address it and troubleshoot. 

Kind Regards

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

I finally had some more time to waste on this.

Left the speakers on 5 GHz. Disabled WMM and WMM Power Save. Now the speakers are finally playing together. Absolutely ridiculous that I had to disable this. Now I need to research how this might negatively impact the other multimedia services in our home.

I know that you have been suggesting that people make this change, so this must have been a clue as to the root cause of the issue. So again, how have you not been able to write a fix for this in the past weeks? 

Not impressed...

Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

Hi Nype,

thanks for your post. Sorry to ask, but for what stands the shortcut WMM? 

I wanna try the same at my place. 

THX