Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Play all issue with 16.x

HI Olav AG, 

Than you for responding. Our log capturing procedure is HERE. The 30 can utilize a standard USB thumb drive but the 10s will need a micro USB adapter. We will be sending you a private message about getting you a micro USB adapter. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Hi Brent_B

Thanks for your reply,

Here are some details about my problem :

- Both ST10 are working fine separately 

- Only One is playing music when i want to play all, or the sound is shifted.

- When i make a pair of speakers in the settings no sound from both speakers

I tried to remove speakers from app, to create a dedicated ssid on 5GHZ with a new setup, and finally tried to activate video synch in settings. (without success)

I have a doubt about firmware mismatch because the app purpose me the update when a speaker was unreacheable, details in speaker show 16.0.9 for both.

My Router is Orange Livebox 4 (French ISP), ichecked that both st10 are on the same band. 

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi d_a_m_s, 

Thank you for responding. Do you get the same issue from the app on your mobile phone and your PC? If you haven't done so already, can you try to unplug power to the Livebox and both of your ST10s to see if a reset helps?  Can you try putting one system on the 2.4 band while the other is on the 5 GHz band and see if that helps? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Hi Brent_B,

Yes I'll do anything to get this issue resolved - it's still not working and I've tried everything suggested and everything else I can think of.

I even had both speakers, reset and literally next to each other to test, still cannot Play All.

Please send me the micro USB adaptor and I will get the logs required. Can you send me a direct message so I can give you my address?

Regards,

Jamie

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

I find it a little annoying having paid out a lot of money, to be told that you can't fix this problem quickly, as the problem is of your making.  There was not a problem until the last two software updates happened, so either put it right or roll back to v14 while you work on resolving the problem. Bose have a great reputation, don't spoil it now!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

For the love of god sort this out. Just separated a stereo pair of ST10 to move a speaker and the secondary speaker drops every few seconds for a few minutes, then settles, then gets arsey again and starts dropping. It's unusable in a group. The router is a combined 2G/5G router and I am unwilling to separate them as the combination is needed for optimal operation for other devices in the network. The secondary speaker is about 4-5 metres from the router. There is one wall in the way. This was not a problem for previous versions of the software. I have three devices. I'd like more but I was sold on grouping (used to work), stereo pairing (much later than promised and the reason I bought the kit in the first place) and for the third unit, alexa compatibility (ahem, *still* waiting). 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Now its dropping in and out every few seconds. I haven't heard a whole song on the secondary, and its playing maybe ten to fifteen seconds then dropping for longer.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

I have a new problem.  I had my system running properly on the play all over WIFI.  Today I accessed my main speaker over blutooth to play from IHeart Radio, something I do often.  It took a while to connect which it didn't on the previous version.  Once I found my favorite IHeart radio station it played on the main speaker (ST 30), I then went to the app ant hit play all and it worked on my two ST 10's for about 10 minutes.  Then the two ST 10's went silent and the main speaker continued to play but was no longer visible or accessable throught the app.  I had to manually shut it off and rebooted it.  It came back and is working again on WIFI.

When is Bose going to resolve this issue with the app?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi ViscountFishpond,

I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues. Can you try the troubleshooting mentioned earlier in the thread and see if it helps? What router are you using? 

Hi John 246, 

Please let us know if this issue continues, and if so, how often you experience it. Can you try adjusting the systems so that not all of them are on the same band and see if it helps? Also, can you try toggling QoS, maximizing MTU and disabling WMM if available? What is the make and model of your router? 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Hi Brent , thanks for the response.  I am not a computer tech by any means, I am a plug and play kind of guy.  That said I am not going to mess around with router settings at the risk of loosing connections to my home office network.

My system is working at a limited capacity at the moment and I guess I will have to live with it until Bose finds a solution.

Looking at the many comments and in the community  (I am sure this is just a small percentage of unhappy customers) the overwelming desire is for Bose to resolve the issues created with the last update.  Until this last update I had a very stable speaker system.  I have seen repeated requests to role back the update and in one response you said it can't be done. What is a timeline for a stable update for the SoundTouch app to be released so these fairly expensive  speaker systems work as intended.  I am sure that many people out there are tired of investing there personal time in troubleshooting this recent update.