Highlighted
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Play all volume control with remote does not work.

Hi,

I just noticed today that when I play content on all three soundtouch speakers I can not control the volume by using the remote controle that was provided with the ST 20 III. Only the speaker I am aming at will respond and change it's volume. I have 2 ST 20 III and one Soundtouch wireless link adapter which is connected to a solo 5 soundbar. When I aim at my " grouped speaker " and use the remote to change the imput it works all three speakers switch to bluetooth eg. When I aim at this grouped speaket only this speaker will in/decrease. ( bottom picture )

When I use Alexa to control the speakers ( using the US skill ) Alexa ask Bose to increase / decrease volume with ... % it works, Alexa changes the group volume.

When I bought my first set of ST 10 III I noticed that the remote did not function on the speaker that was not the leading speaker of the pair, after I returned the speaker to the retailer I found out that in playing all mode only the leading speaker could control the volume.

Offcourse I tested this also with the button on top of the speaker, the group volume does not change when using the remote or the button. Alexa does change the volume of all speakers.

Is this a bug in the system ? ST WLAST WLASecond ST 20 IIISecond ST 20 IIIcentral grouped speakercentral grouped speaker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: Play all volume control with remote does not work.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rob Vanderbroeck

Hi Jessie,

When I use the remote controle to change the imput of te speaker all speakers change. As I explained I started with two ST 10 III which I paired in a stereo pair. When I did this I only could change the volume on the " grouped " speaker not on the other one, but both volumes would change. I will close this topic, just wanted to share the information.

Regards 

Rob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi Rob! 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

When the speakers are paired in a group they are using a Wifi connection and you are able to adjust the volume of each individual speaker in the app as well as the group volume. It's likely that the use of the remote control is only allowing you to control the volume of the individual speakers not the group. This is how the system is designed to function. 

I hope this helps! 

Jessie_O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rob Vanderbroeck

Hi Jessie,

When I use the remote controle to change the imput of te speaker all speakers change. As I explained I started with two ST 10 III which I paired in a stereo pair. When I did this I only could change the volume on the " grouped " speaker not on the other one, but both volumes would change. I will close this topic, just wanted to share the information.

Regards 

Rob

View solution in original post