Highlighted
Ol’Fart
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

PlayAll Patch 19.0.9

Well they closed our long running thread on the Firmware 19.0.5 fiasco. And we can't reply to the Announcement of the temporary fix (rollback), So I'll start a new thread.

I received the  Firmware 19.0.9 on Tuesday morning July 24th to test. Sorry I never posted about it, but I had said I would not comment until it was announced.

For me, 19.0.9 has been working for wifi initiated Grouping & PlayAll for 8 days without a failure. I have Grouped one ST20, one ST300, and 4 ST10s without any problem using the ST20 as the primary. I have also created 2 separate Groups: ST20,ST300 & two ST10s and another Group of two ST10s. I can play different music sources to each group at the same  time, without any problem (so far).

Using Bluetooth to connect to the primary speaker in the goup still has a lot of problems. But after it fails (or I get tired of its cutting in and out), I do not have to reset anything. I just start the Group with a wifi connection to the primary speaker , and all speakers work again.

Only hitch is that when I start the app again, go to my primary speaker ST20, sometimes it takes 10 to 30 seconds for some of the other speakers to be available to add to the group. They start greyed out, but quickly become available.

Hope it works for everbody! Hope it continues to work for me...

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Re: PlayAll Patch 19.0.9

Not that computer savvy, have a couple of questions, here goes.

Does this patch involve messing around with routers?

Is there a chance of it messing anything else connected to the network?

How do you get the patch and do you need to do anything to get it to work?

Highlighted
Ol’Fart
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

@Mattyboy wrote:

Not that computer savvy, have a couple of questions, here goes.

Does this patch involve messing around with routers?

Is there a chance of it messing anything else connected to the network?

How do you get the patch and do you need to do anything to get it to work?

They just add your account email address to their file. Once added, the next time you open the ST app it will upgrade your firmware to 19.0.9. Before I got the patch, I cleaned out my old ST config. So I was starting fresh with nothing set up when the patch came. Adding my speakers went smoothly and the Grouping/PlayAll features worked. Nothing needed to be done to my router settings.

"Is there a chance of it messing anything else connected to the network?" With Bose? OF COURSE there is a chance. I consider the previous 19.0.5 firmware to be no better than a virus they uploaded to my system. Their announcement implies the problems arise from users with inadequate router security and protection against KRACK. Just the opposite seems to be the truth. Firmware 19.0.5 conflicted with router running the CURRENT WAP2 security mode, especially those whose router manufacturer has already upgraded their firmware to address KRACK.  My router was a current model Linksys running WAP2 security that Linksys had upgraded in February 2018 to addrees KRACK issues. Users with old routers running just outdated WEP security are the ones most likely to have not have a problem with the May  19.0.5 firmware upgrade.

To get the patch, just follow the instructions in the pinned August 1 PlayAll Update thread at the top of the section.

Highlighted
Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Many thanks i will give it a go, heres hoping for a result

Highlighted
daffy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Why couldn’t the Community Manager put a final post in the “Updated June 12th -Master Play All...” thread explaining why it was being closed and pointing readers to his “August 1st - Play All Update” as he closed that Thread? That way people subscribed to it would got a notification and known what was happening! 

I agree, the explanation of the need for the Patch sounds really lame and self serving.

I want my stuff to work again, but I think I will wait for a lot of reports before I let Bose upgrade something affecting my network security again. My router also had the latest and most highly recommended security modes/protocols.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Daffy,

That was my mistake.  We closed the thread right before we announced the test build for the Play All fix, and I should have added a link to the end of it.  I'll do it now for any other subscribers.

Thanks,

Brandon - Community Support

Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Update:

Just installed the new patch. "Play All" feature is now functioning correctly, excellent!!  Logged in and out of App a couple of times all still working. Will continue to monitor very closely. Fingers toes and everything else crossed.

Highlighted
Ol’Fart
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Good to hear Mattboy, and good luck!

I just passed day 9 with my system up. There's just something about the way it has been operating this time, that gives me a feeling of confidence it will continue (barring other firmware upgrades) Prior to this, 5 days was the longest a reset had lasted for me, 2-3 was normal. I know some people previously got up to1 tand 2 weeks stable before crashing again. So I guess 2 weeks is when I'll have high confidence.

Staying with WiFi, and away from Bluetooth, keeps the system operating in a manner that meets my needs. I'm satisfied.

Highlighted
Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Just had things running for 2 hrs approx, no drop outs, everything ok. Hope this will continue.

Its a pleasure to have music on throughout the house once more, forgot how good the sound quality is!

Highlighted
Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Day 2 of the patch and everything is running just fine. In fact I would go as far as saying everything seems better than its ever been, then again perhaps thats just me imagining things lol