Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: PlayAll Patch 19.0.9

Hi Touc,

Absolutely, I'm reading through your message now.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Dear Brandon,

on ASUS routers, there is no separate mesh mode per say on the master router. When one sets up the primary router only without any other nodes around, it operates simply in non mesh mode. The change of mode/reboot happens on the router one intends to use as a node in a mesh as opposed to as a regular router.

So only thing I can do is repeat what I did already exactly after the 19.0.9 patch was received: reset to factory setting on the router, reset my network without any node and try to see if that solves the problem. But there are no change of mode / configuration required on the master router to switch from mesh to non mesh mode involved.

See screen capture below.

771E2184-479B-4455-8D16-6D9217C536E3.png

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2018

STILL DOES NOT WORK.

Both speakers 19.0.9 and still no Play All. Can play each individually, but that's not what I purchased them for.

They worked perfectly for months when I first bought them. However, for the past 6 months, they've been collecting dust

I can't count the amount of time I've wasted trying to fix these speakers. I'm extremely frustrated with these speakers and have recommended multiple friends to avoid them at all cost.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

The new patch worked for me, unless this is solved permanently I'm NOT UPDATING THIS APP EVER 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Sent message saturday and got a reply from  yesterday.

still not upgrading, please check.

thor@thrudheimr.com

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

Hello my friend @ol'Fart, I received the update by bose today. I inmediately upgrade and probe and now play good the play all. I couldn't probe long time yet, but I think is a good step.

Thanks a lot every body for your support and replies, it always help.

See you soon. I'm sure I'll have an issue later.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2018

I received the patch a couple of days ago (19.0.9) and so far so good. No drop outs, regardless of source. I had issues prior to this using Amazon, Internet radio, network hard drive and bluetooth with teh Play All feature and also the stereo pair of SoundTouch 10's. 

Fingers crossed. Just need the Airplay 2 update and I'll be delighted 😉

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Just to update...

My system has been stable with Grouping/PlayAll for 16 days now.

I will not be posting to this thread again unless I have a problem with the 19.0.9 patch.

I guess I'm satisfied. Things are back to working as they were on May 1, 2018.

Good Luck to the folks still having this, and related problems, and to all those who have now been waiting over 1.5 YEARS for Bose to implement their promised and advertised support for AirPlay 2. I only got screwed up for 2.5 months.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again @sbleyo,

I must have had older firmware on my ASUS router, I could have sworn there was a settings change for AiMesh.  Thank you for the screenshot.

Would it be possible for you to gather some log files from a Master and Secondary system that are displaying the issues?  If so, please follow THESE instructions to collect only system logs.  We have a separate test build that may help with Play All issues related to QoS settings in SoundTouch.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi again @sbleyo,

I must have had older firmware on my ASUS router, I could have sworn there was a settings change for AiMesh.  Thank you for the screenshot.

Would it be possible for you to gather some log files from a Master and Secondary system that are displaying the issues?  If so, please follow THESE instructions to collect only system logs.  We have a separate test build that may help with Play All issues related to QoS settings in SoundTouch.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Brandon

Logs have been uploaded in the dropbox link you gave me just now.

Note that things seem to be getting from bad to worse now for me - last night, the soundtouch wave system IV decided to just drop out of the network and forget all its presets - after several attempts trying to reboot it I had eventually no choice but to reset to factory settings and re-add it to my soundtouch profile to fix the issue.

Don't even get me started on the SoundtouchLogTool.app and how well it worked - it took several reboot for it to even show the SoundTouch Link Wireless Adapter.

Your whole ecosystem is complete shambles at least for MAC OS X/iOS users.

The logs have been submitted so now I would at least hope to get a PM weekly to adivse me on the follow up. Failing which I will post on the forum again to express my EXTREME disappointment with BOSE.