Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: PlayAll Patch 19.0.9

@Brandon_M Are you guys already pushing another patch (19.0.11)? How come nothing was announced on this thread?

Also I have not heard anything (not even the weekly PM I had requested) following supplying multiple versions of the log as requested.

The play all function is still very erratic in functioning though marginally better than after 19.0.5 - however nowhere near what is was before 19.0.5

Can we get a sensible and thorough update on what’s going on please on this forum regarding where you are at on the beta testing of 19.0.9 and what is this 19.0.11 business about?

Basic courtesy to customers is to COMMUNICATE with them. 

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi @jerake75,

Thanks for taking the time to report your findings.  This is the first report of bluetooth problems we've heard of with the 19.0.11 patch.  Are you willing to troubleshoot with us further?  

Which speakers are you testing bluetooth with? Can you try others?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

@Brandon_M - I tested all 7 of my speakers after the 19.0.11 update with bluetooth - iphone6 plus, iphone7, ipod touch. All of them skipped to every speaker...no matter which song, no matter which device.

I came home from work this evening and tested the functioning speakers again - only 6 to test since the 19.0.11 firmware took out one of my 20's during a Play All incident after I noticed the problem with the bluetooth connections.  All speakers EXCEPT one 10 still skipped to bluetooth.  This particular Soundtouch 10 I had to power cycle, as it was flashing the WiFi button constantly at me - apparently it was seriously disturbed during the same Play All incident that hosed my 20 but the 10 recovered after power cycling the speaker.

I power cycled the remaining 5 functioning speakers and retested the bluetooth - no skips.  I am not sure what happened there.  

I'm working on factory resetting all of the speakers tonight to a) try to get my hosed 20 back online and b) just to clear everything out and start over.  Its the absolute last troubleshooting I will ever do on another Bose speaker.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

And besides of all this and what’s happening to us poor users/customers, this post is still not pinned to the top of the SoundTouch Speakers forum - instead Bose would rather boast about the AirPlay 2 feature and one of the posts pinned is the dreadful 19.0.5 update that wrecked all of us.... 

BOSE - SHAME ON YOU

4789936F-3FEC-4978-A241-87D2B6FA82B4.png

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

And by the way all the pinned posts do not allow reply from the community...

you may draw your own conclusion about that fact....

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

spam-02.jpg

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

@daffy
Care to clarify?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi sbleyo,

Thanks for the posts.  You've actually sent over app logs, and we had requested system logs.  Are you able to get those logs for us?  I'll post the directions for system logs here to avoid confusion.

To collect system activity (SCM) logs:

(Preferred Method) To collect log information using a web browser:

Please note:

• System logs cannot currently be collected from Lifestyle 600/650 systems)
  • This applies to systems running firmware version 18.0.11 or later. 

Put the system in Wi-Fi setup mode:

• For SoundTouch systems with physical presets buttons (Portable/10/20/30), press and hold Preset 2 and Volume - for approximately 5 seconds for Setup Mode.
  • For SoundTouch systems with the adapter (SoundTouch Wireless Link/Wave SoundTouch/Stereo JC/CineMate or Lifestyle systems w/adapter), press and hold the Control button for 3 seconds.  To confirm the system is in setup mode the WiFi LED will be solid amber. 
  • On a computer or mobile device, open Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi Network. 
  • Open the device's internet browser and go to the following URL(s) to retrieve log info:

For systems with Bluetooth support

• http://192.0.2.1/logread.txt.gz (downloads the last 5 minutes of log info to a .gz file to the device’s storage. For iOS, choose "More" to save to iCloud or send via email)

For systems without Bluetooth support

• http://192.168.1.1:82/logread.txt.gz (downloads the last 5 minutes of log info to a .gz file to the device’s storage. For iOS, choose "More" to save to iCloud or send via email)

• Once logs have been retrieved, turn the system off to exit setup mode

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

I have just done so a few minutes ago.

Note that you would need to modify your information page as currently below the set of instructions you did quote below the same page describes how to use the Soundtouchlog.app to collect the same information.

If this is not correct then you should remove any reference to the soundtouchlog.app.

Again, this is evidence of the very poorly coordinated state of the ecosystem design - contradictory information/instructions from you page, log collecting procedure that do not work properly and - most importantly - a PLAY ALL function that is still not working with 19.0.0 patch.

What about this 19.0.11 version that we heard about in another post - care to clarify what this is about?

More transparency and speed in responding PLEASE.

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi sbleyo,

Thanks for the posts.  You've actually sent over app logs, and we had requested system logs.  Are you able to get those logs for us?  I'll post the directions for system logs here to avoid confusion.

To collect system activity (SCM) logs:

(Preferred Method) To collect log information using a web browser:

Please note:

• System logs cannot currently be collected from Lifestyle 600/650 systems)
  • This applies to systems running firmware version 18.0.11 or later. 

Put the system in Wi-Fi setup mode:

• For SoundTouch systems with physical presets buttons (Portable/10/20/30), press and hold Preset 2 and Volume - for approximately 5 seconds for Setup Mode.
  • For SoundTouch systems with the adapter (SoundTouch Wireless Link/Wave SoundTouch/Stereo JC/CineMate or Lifestyle systems w/adapter), press and hold the Control button for 3 seconds.  To confirm the system is in setup mode the WiFi LED will be solid amber. 
  • On a computer or mobile device, open Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi Network. 
  • Open the device's internet browser and go to the following URL(s) to retrieve log info:

For systems with Bluetooth support

• http://192.0.2.1/logread.txt.gz (downloads the last 5 minutes of log info to a .gz file to the device’s storage. For iOS, choose "More" to save to iCloud or send via email)

For systems without Bluetooth support

• http://192.168.1.1:82/logread.txt.gz (downloads the last 5 minutes of log info to a .gz file to the device’s storage. For iOS, choose "More" to save to iCloud or send via email)

• Once logs have been retrieved, turn the system off to exit setup mode

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you sbleyo.  I've sent those up to the software team.  You should see the new firmware update available in the next 1-2 business days.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

@Brandon_M wrote:

Thank you sbleyo.  I've sent those up to the software team.  You should see the new firmware update available in the next 1-2 business days.

Best,

Brandon

unfortunately I am not able to get the update 19.0.11 (still not announced on the forum - why????)

app keeps telling me "there was a problem checking for the update (4004 / 0)"

Please clarify.

I remain quite unimpressed with the whole process.