watery
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 27, 2016

Playing Spotify via Bose Alexa skill

Tried several times to play Spotify using Bose's new Alexa skill but no luck. Is this supported at all? It'll be a great disappointment if a popular music service such as Spotify is not supported.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Brm932
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Re: Playing Spotify via Bose Alexa skill

Author Accepted Answer selected by watery
Not supported currently in the new skill. They mention this in one of the newer communtiy announcements. Hopefully in the (near) future!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Brm932
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by watery
Not supported currently in the new skill. They mention this in one of the newer communtiy announcements. Hopefully in the (near) future!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
watery
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 27, 2016

This is really disappointing. I'm already frustrated with the limited music services Bose speakers support, now even Spotify has been left out. Unbelievable!! This helped me to make the decision to jump to Sonos. 

Highlighted
Brm932
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Sonos definitely has good software and services, but their audio quality doesn't compete in my opinion. Keep in mind, Spotify still works with the soundtouch app, spotify connect in the spotify app, bluetooth and spotify presets for the original bose Alexa skill. I wouldn't switch just because I can't access spotify in 1 of 5 available methods. To me.. that's just laziness. But hey, that's just my opinion.