Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy T
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Playing iTunes on Soundtouch iv via iPad

I have recently purchased a Soundtouch IV and have installed the apps both on my ipad and PC. I can listen to my iTunes library through my PC but I can only listen to my library through the iPad if the PC is turned on at the same time. I can listen to digital music ok through the iPad when it is just turned on, but is frustrating that I can't listen to my iTunes library through the iPad.

I get the following error message ' Looks like your music library isn't available right now . Error 6304.

Can someone help me solve my problem?

By the way, the quality of the music is superb!

Thanks,

Andy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Re: Playing iTunes on Soundtouch iv via iPad

Hi Andy,

Glad I could help 🙂

That is why so many people are using a NAS system at home, so you don't need your computer.

Live got a little bit more complicated since we all go "digital" 😉

Cheers

Central

View solution in original post

Sorcerers Apprentice
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Andy T

Hi Andy & others

After searching through the Bose community forums I was left unsure whether it was possible to directly play itunes through the Bose Soundtouch 300, which I believe should be a basic function of the speakers. However I have found that this is possible. You can play itunes through any mobile device, computer and phone, without the need for the Soundtouch app, which is great especially since the Soundtouch app can't scroll through or back through a song. 

The procedure is:

1. Press the bluetooth button of the Bose universal remote for a full 10 seconds until you hear a beep.

2. Then pair your mobile device as is the usual procedure on your mobile device (eg iphone ... go into setting, bluetooth and press pair)

I hope this helps people.

Cheers

David

14 REPLIES 14
heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Andy,

Are you saying that your iTunes library is stored on your pic? Please let us know.

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi Andy,

The iTunes Library must be available -> the Library is stored on your PCs Harddisk. If the PC is of/sleeping you cannot access the Library.

Soundtouch cannot access iTunes lib on you phone/iPad.

Cheers

Central

Andy T
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Thanks Central.

Thats good to know, though disappointing that I have to power up the PC everytime to listen to my iTunes library. Hopefully Bose will find a solution so you can listen to library through an iPad.

Andy T
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Heatman,

I have the ituens library on the PC, and access it through the iPad too. I can't listen to the iTunes library through my iPad unless the PC is turned on at the same time.

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi Andy,

Glad I could help 🙂

That is why so many people are using a NAS system at home, so you don't need your computer.

Live got a little bit more complicated since we all go "digital" 😉

Cheers

Central

heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Andy & All,

A NAS (Network Attached Storage) Device is a great solution for when you want access to audio or even video files (without having to turn on a pic) because it is always on and connected to your home network. If you are considering installing a NAS, be sure to get one with it's own built in iTunes server software. That way you'll be sure to be able to play your iTunes whenever you want. Good Luck.

Sorcerers Apprentice
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Hi Andy

I've read that it's possible to play itunes directly through my Soundtouch 300, but can't get it to do so. My computer is paired with my computer and I can play music via the Sound Touch app, but not directly through itunes. Would you please be so kind as to provide detailed instructions on how to play itunes through my Soundtouch 300. 

Many thanx

Andy T
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Hi Sorcerers,

Are you playing your itunes library through your computer where your library is stored? As far as I understand it, from experience and the responses earlier to this thread, is that you can only listen to itunes when it is connected to where the music is stored, hence why it won't work on the ipad (unless my computer is turned on at the same time). One of the solutions is to purchase a NAS.

I struggle at the moment connecting to the speaker via my computer which is frustrating.

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards,

Andy

Sorcerers Apprentice
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Hi Andy

Tanx for your reply, much appreciated. Yep, am playing itunes through my computer where my music library is stored. I've got my computer connected to the speakers easy enough playing Chromecast, movies, TV and through SoundTouch app, but just can't play itunes direct through the speakers? As a side, find it most unlike Bose to have their SoundTouch app unable to scroll through and back through an actual song, when is such a basic and easy to programme function. 

Don't know about NAS, will do some research.

Cheers

S