Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Playing mp3 from NAS

Hi, I have two Soundtouch 10 speakers that are working really well playing my Itunes library. I now added a USB stick to my wifi router, which contains mp3 songs. In the Soundtouch software, I can find and add the USB folder as "Music Library on NAS". I can browse the songs, but not play them. It will say "that didn't work, play something else or try syncing the library (1647)." In my wifi router settings, I have "file server enabled" and "DLNA enabled". Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Playing mp3 from NAS

Author Accepted Answer selected by ststst

Thanks for the owners manual. That's very surprising that the manufacturer doesn't provide one for their device.

It doesn't look like Twonky is installed on there, and it doesn't look like there is a way to install it.

At this point, I would say that the NAS function in your modem/router is incompatible with SoundTouch.  This may change in the future as we add compatibility with different devices.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ststst,

Thanks for the post.

What is the brand/model of your wireless router?  Do you know which DLNA server is running on there?  I know from experience that "Twonky" is an excellent one, though I don't know if it's included on any routers.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Hi Brandon, Thank you for the quick reply. The router is a Technicolor DJN2130, when I go to the setup page in my browser, it says it is running version Mint 17.2. I can't find what DLNA server it is running. Is there a way to find out?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the info.  I've never heard of that model router before.  I've tried looking up a user manual online but couldn't find anything.  Do you happen to have one?

If there is an "About" page on the router, there might be DLNA information there.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Thanks Brandon,

For your continued support. The manual can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UcSqh5qZrSUPuCfr-p5UcdEByXjFFH-K

The about page has this information listed:

Product Vendor: Technicolor
Product Name: Technicolor DJN2130
Software Version: 17.2
Firmware Version: 17.2.0219-820-RB
Hardware Version: VBNT-J
DSL Version: A2pvfbH043g.d26q
Serial Number: CP1745RAY49

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by ststst

Thanks for the owners manual. That's very surprising that the manufacturer doesn't provide one for their device.

It doesn't look like Twonky is installed on there, and it doesn't look like there is a way to install it.

At this point, I would say that the NAS function in your modem/router is incompatible with SoundTouch.  This may change in the future as we add compatibility with different devices.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you for checking this for me Brandon!