Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2017

Playing the same music both on PC speakers AND SoundTouch speakers at the same time...

... is that possible ?
I suppose your app is mainly designed for mobile devices. In that case, this requested feature is useless. But when you're running the app on computer, it could be revelant to ear the same music both on SoundTouch speakers AND traditional PC speakers.

Thanks.
Stéphane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2016

Re: Playing the same music both on PC speakers AND SoundTouch speakers at the same time...

Author Accepted Answer selected by the_steff

This was easily achievable before Bose removed AirPlay support. Bose Speakers supporting AirPlay could be cast to on MacOS - the operating system handles the casting, and allows any audio app to output to both the local laptop and other AirPlay devices. On Windows there are a number of applications that turn your machine into an AirPlay reciever, for the same effect. 

Bose have moved things 10 steps backwards the last year - your options are limited to proprietry protocalls and "walled gardens" now, either using Spotify, or apps supported through the SoundTouch application. 

What Bose could do is inject the code that runs on the speakers into the SoundTouch app - so the app would basically emulate a speaker, and be selectable in the "Play All" section. The app would then output audio locally on your computer (this is how the AirPlay windows software works).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Re: Playing the same music both on PC speakers AND SoundTouch speakers at the same time...

Hi Stéphane,

That is not posible. The ST are designed as Multiroom system, straming the music via WiFi.

The main speaker (the one which starts first) has to receive the music from over (W)LAN from the PC/Phone or whatever and then syncronize between up to x ST devices so they are in sync. You will have no sync between PC and ST speaker.

I guess that it is possible if you put better/faster hardware in the speakers and find a way to delay the PC sound to get it syncronized with the ones playing over the network. I guess, tricky 🙂

Hope that helps a bit.

Central

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2016

I have a Mac and can play music through my computer speakers and via bluetooth to my Soundtouch.  There is an app on my Mac called Audio MIDI Setup (it's hidden under launchpad, then the "other" folder).  I created a multiple device output that allows me to send the music to two outputs.

I use it to listen to itunes, but you could run any of the outher music sources on you Mac and do the same.

I don't know if there is such a program to do this on Windoes PC.

Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Thanks @Tim H,

but can you play via the Bose Soundtouch app connected to WiFi? I can't ...

Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2016

Unfortunately sending sound via the MIDI app is bluetooth/pc audio only.

Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by the_steff

This was easily achievable before Bose removed AirPlay support. Bose Speakers supporting AirPlay could be cast to on MacOS - the operating system handles the casting, and allows any audio app to output to both the local laptop and other AirPlay devices. On Windows there are a number of applications that turn your machine into an AirPlay reciever, for the same effect. 

Bose have moved things 10 steps backwards the last year - your options are limited to proprietry protocalls and "walled gardens" now, either using Spotify, or apps supported through the SoundTouch application. 

What Bose could do is inject the code that runs on the speakers into the SoundTouch app - so the app would basically emulate a speaker, and be selectable in the "Play All" section. The app would then output audio locally on your computer (this is how the AirPlay windows software works).

View solution in original post

Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Thanks Tim,

did not know that and never used AirPlay so far.

Central

Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

Hi 

There is one more way, you need to buy multi point bluetooth transmitter. This device can transmit sound to 2 bluetooth device at same time. 

Have a look at link bellow:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Multi-Point-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Sender-Splitter-3-5mm-Audio-Music-For-T...

Thanks