rolo1984
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Playing youtube simultaneously on Soundtouch 10 and 30

I have tried to watch videos on my laptop as connected to my two soundtouch systems (soundtouch 30 and 10). I recently bought the soundtouch 10. When I connect using bluetooth to both speakers through the SoundTouch app, I get a 4-5 second delay between the video and the audio track. The audio track is delayed by about 4-5s. When I connect using bluetooth to a single speaker through the SoundTouch, there is no delay between the video and audio track. I would simply like to know if there is any way I can watch youtube videos on computer while listening to the audio from both soundtouch systems without any delay. Thanks for the answer.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Playing youtube simultaneously on Soundtouch 10 and 30

Hi Rolo1984,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

When we are playing to more than one speaker from a Bluetooth source, the speakers use 'Bluetooth Rebroadcasting'. Your laptop will be broadcasting to one of your speakers directly and then that speaker will be passing the signal to your other SoundTouch speaker. When the sound is being rebroadcasted to the other speaker there will be a delay in the signal and the SoundTouch software accommodates this to ensure the two speakers are playing in sync. Due to the natural delay present in Bluetooth signals and the delay as the two speakers receive the source, and stay in sync when using them as a group, from a Bluetooth source there will always be a delay present.

These speakers were not designed for playing videos, they were designed for multi-room audio when grouped, so having the audio in sync between the speakers has a higher priority than staying in sync with a video source.

I hope this helps.

Keith_L - Community Support - 

Highlighted
rolo1984
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Thank you Keith for the clarification. Two questions.

1) If you are broadcasting the audio signal from a laptop, isn't there simply a way to send the bluetooth signal through different outputs and hence get that multi-room sound that is synchronized?

2) For the Soundtouch 10, if I have two of them, is it possible to have those synchronized with one another and video on my laptop?

Roman

rolo1984
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Thank you Keith for the clarification. Two questions.

1) If you are broadcasting the audio signal from a laptop, isn't there simply a way to send the bluetooth signal through different outputs and hence get that multi-room sound that is synchronized?

2) For the Soundtouch 10, if I have two of them, is it possible to have those synchronized with one another and video on my laptop?

Hello Roman,

Thank you for your questions. 

In regards to your questions.

1.  This would depend on your laptop and what it is capable of. This is not something that we are aware of being possible, some research online might direct you in a way of doing this, but we are unsure whether or not you will have the results you desire. 

2. You can easily group two Soundtouch 10 speakers though the app, however this also will be using the Rebroadcasting software, therefore a delay will still be shown when you're observing video. 

I hope this helps

Tegan M - Community Support