JCH
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Playlist Size?

To All - When trying to play my larger playlists (1200+songs) I too often get the message that my Soundtouch 'cannot find your music library' (1601).  **bleep** does not always happen and does not happen with my smaller playlists.  Is there a practical limit on the size of playlists Soundtouch 10 will play?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JCH
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Re: Playlist Size?

Author Accepted Answer selected by JCH

To All

The NAS/computer question caused me to examine my NAS/computer settings.  As I do not have NAS I had assumed that my playlists were of necessity using the 'computer' routing.  However when I looked I saw that some were labelled 'NAS'.  How this would allow even sporadic playing is beyond my limited expertise.  It was those 'NAS' playlists that were problematic so I switched them all to 'computer'.  This seems to have solved my problem.  It was not file size related at all but a matter of NAS/computer settings. Thank you for your efforts which pointed me to the solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello JCH,

Thank you for posting. Where is your music library stored? (computer or NAS drive)

Let us know so we can proceed further investigating this.

Kind Regards,

Joel

JCH
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by JCH

To All

The NAS/computer question caused me to examine my NAS/computer settings.  As I do not have NAS I had assumed that my playlists were of necessity using the 'computer' routing.  However when I looked I saw that some were labelled 'NAS'.  How this would allow even sporadic playing is beyond my limited expertise.  It was those 'NAS' playlists that were problematic so I switched them all to 'computer'.  This seems to have solved my problem.  It was not file size related at all but a matter of NAS/computer settings. Thank you for your efforts which pointed me to the solution.

View solution in original post

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Great!  Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.  Thank you for explaining what fixed the issue and for marking the solution!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support