Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Poor acoustic bass 300 performance

Hello friends
I just bought and added the acoustic mass bass 300 to sound bar 300 . I am not happy with bass performance and it only performs at very low frequenciehs. It performs just adequate with movie and HD TV sounds. No punchy bass which i heard at store. Poor performance with music files. I really have to search for bass while playing music files. Mere difference in sound while switching acoustic mass on or off. It only works just adequate with movie. Its like i wasted 70000rs on this bass. Peformed all tasks from re-positioning to adaptiq calibration to setting bass volume to max. But almost same results . No wow factor.. I am technical person and did all the basic tasks. Its connected to soundbar wirelessly. Currenly i am on 16.0.12. Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Re: Poor acoustic bass 300 performance

Author Accepted Answer selected by amenjas

I assume you have turned the bass up using the remote?   I'd say if your not happy & can return it, do so.  I just recently upgraded to V.16 & can honestly say the bass sounds very good.  Heres another idea, take it back to the store & have them hook your AM to system that sounded good to you.  Then you can compare.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Problem appears with v15 firmware, four months ago...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by amenjas

I assume you have turned the bass up using the remote?   I'd say if your not happy & can return it, do so.  I just recently upgraded to V.16 & can honestly say the bass sounds very good.  Heres another idea, take it back to the store & have them hook your AM to system that sounded good to you.  Then you can compare.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I want to downgrade to 14.0.33 but firmware is not available anywhere
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

My AM300 just go back to technical support. Will see if problem is "solved" !

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hi guys
Atlast i downgraded from 16.0.12 to 14.0.33 by manually updating with help from forum “ downgrading to 14.0.33” . Now bass is restored. Now bass sounds more at realtive high frequencies. Now bass sounds better for music. But iphone app is relative useless because it is keep on asking to update the speakers. Special thanks to “patr171” who provided me the software
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

comparison between 16.0.12 and 14.0.33

This comparison is with respect to my own personal experience or my own opinion which may differ from others
-Bass Frequency
14.0.33 more bassy with relative unwanted bass at few instants while playing movies. Bass doesn’t seems to like special “effects”. Very low frequency bass seems absent. There is peristent bass hum while playing movies. Vocals appears to be merging a little bit with bass. But this bass is very punchy and good while playing songs or music. It means its distributed for relative wide spectrum of lower end frequencies which appears or feel good while listening to songs. Every first time visitor at home will feel the bass irrespective of song or music or movie. Loudness of bass is relative high at full setting of bass.
But in 16.0.12 bass is distributed to relative narrow spectrum of lower end frequncies and that too at very low frequncies. So vocals or mid tones from sound bar appear more clearer and crisp and separate from bass, with treble improved relative to older versions. Bass feels like special effect. No persistent hum like feeling in 16.0.12, so thats good for movies. This version performs poorer for punchy songs. You have to literally search for bass tones in song. Loudness of bass is relative low even at full bass setting and u will always keep it higher setting.

16.0.12- good for movies or TV and relative poor for music. U will avoid it for playing music for small party at home
14.0.33- more good for songs and u will love to play for small party at home. Its just ok for movies bcoz of too bassy and u will usually keep the bass setting at 3/4th level.