blckor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Power shortage; now ST300 is screwed up

Hi,

We recently had a power shortage and this screwed up the soundbar: no sound anymore.\

Tried resetting as described in manual ( pressing soundtouch button and then press the button on the right of cc until all lights blink white). Also tried disconnecting all cables connecting to the soundbar for  a minute..  but now have the following problems:

- Wifi signal is blinking amber (isn't even described in the manual); So i cannot get wifi to work anymore. 

- The soundbar won't always turn on or off when the tv is turned on or off, anymore. 

- When I sync with the bass module and rear boxes, the syncing light will continue to glow amber constantly. The sound works fine but the amber glow is pretty anoying. 

I have searched for topics of people with similar issues and found some, but never got a clear answer as how to fix all this. 

The only thing I have not tried is connecting the bar via a networkcable ( since i don't have a spare one), so I can connect to it and update the bar via the app. However, since I never really used the app to begin with, I think this should not be neccesary. 

I hope someone can help me out. Could a power shortage really screw up an almost 2000 dollar ( in The Netherlands) costing sound system? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
louisp
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Re: Power shortage; now ST300 is screwed up

The unfortunate answer is yes.  A powerful electrical spike could damage your Bose SoundTouch 300.  I suggest you contact your nearest Bose Service Center.  Additionally, using an appropriately rated power surge suppressor is the best way to protect your audio video components from powerful electrical spikes.  

Please keep us updated.  Good luck.

Highlighted
blckor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Hi, thanks for your response. In the mean time I obtained a cable and updated my bose. Now it almost works properly again except for wifi. It gives a solid white signal and it shows up in my Spotify again, but it won't play sound any sound via wifi. Also, when turning off the sound bar the bar light goes out but the wifi light stays on. Any ideas?
Highlighted
blckor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Hi, unfortunately I still have above (last post) stated problem Can someone help me out?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi blckor,

Thanks for the posts.  Even if you've regained some functionality, it is greatly recommended that you contact your local support center to arrange for service.  Like Louis posted, I also really recommend a high quality surge protector which will protect devices against small power surges.  

Best Regards,

Brandon