cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Birdy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2016

Preset internet radio is not working correctly after last firmware update (ST10)

Since the last firmware update I have the following issue:

- Playing internet radio (Preset 1)

- Power off

- Power on or pressing Preset 1

- Internet radio is not playing

Workaround:

- Power on

- Press different Preset with different internet radio channel

- Press Preset 1

- Internet radio is playing

After the firmware update I made ST10 powerless. I can reproduce the issue with 3 ST10s.

5 REPLIES 5
vthebee
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Re: Preset internet radio is not working correctly after last firmware update (ST10)

I have had this issue for months. Your workaround works for me sometimes, sometimes not. Why do we need a workaround for such a basic feature as to play a preset radio channel? I tried doing it through the app instead of the remote but as usual my app wouldn't find the speaker again.

Eric_G
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 16, 2018

Re: Preset internet radio is not working correctly after last firmware update (ST10)

Birdy,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Internet Radio Presets.  Please try searching for the station again and re-assigning the preset.  I'd like to learn a little more if this does not help.  Does this happen with one specific station or is it all Internet Radio presets?  Does the same thing happen if you select the station directly rather then accessing it as a preset?

Regards,

Eric

Glenn_london
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 10, 2017

I have exactly the same issue with my wave and it can happen on any of the presets.  Signal strength is fine, the work around solves it but not much use when you’re using the system as a radio alarm!  Also affects my soundtouch30.  All units are up to date and if you select the same radio station from the internet radio directory, it works fine.   

rpb99
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

Same here.  Soundtouch 20.  Latest firmware

Birdy
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2016

Hi Eric,

1. Re-searching for the station and re-assigning the preset was already done and did not fix the isse
  2. It is with all Internet Radio presets. My obversation is that is occuring if you use the same station as you used the last time. But it is not occurring every time.
  3. If you select the station via app it is working more often, but again not always

With older firmwares I never had this kind of issue before. So from my point of view it is related to the new firmware.

Best regards,

Birdy