Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Re: Presets work and the app shows a speaker disconnected

@ST20 Next time you launch your app and the speakers are disconnected from it. Leave it 60s and force close the app and launch it straight away again (you may have to try this a few times).

I find it works more often than not.

I wouldn't rush out and buy a new router, Bose are in complete denial about this, but it is their app that is the problem or more that the speakers stop responding to SSDP requests. Its constantly everyone elses network at fault and never the app or speakers!

If you can ping the speaker, or even the speakers can access the internet (aka presets) it is the app and its communications with the speakers that are at fault. 

Rebooting your rooter and reseting the speakers is a con, it will only fix it for a short period of time.

@Joel_D are Bose actively looking at this? i can count 6 threads on the first page of this forum relating to these issues...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi mattius,

That's some great feedback. I'll open a ticket with the team just to make sure it's on their radar.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2015

Joel,

As I understand it, all speakers must have the same SSID, so 5 GHz is not possible with my four speakers.

Comcast probably has 10s of thousands of these modems so it is Bose that needs to work with ISP modem/routers and not the other way around.

If Bose wants me to use a different router, you will have to supply me the brand and type with a 100% guarantee that it will work with my Bose configuration.  Obviously, you would be crazy to do that and would probably lose your job.

In summary, there are many modems/routers out in the field.  To suggest it is a modem/router problem or the ISP (lease times, etc..) is a non-starter.  This is clearly an app problem.

Robert

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response. As far for the speakers being split or put on the 5ghz network, they absolutely have the ability to do so. I have 4 systems at home, 2 of which on my 2.4ghz network and the other 2 on the 5ghz network and all can be seen in the application. I only mentioned a different router as a personal suggestion, not a company suggestion. Before I escalate this to engineering for you there a few steps located in this thread HERE, per Brian's post. Once those steps have been tried, I will need to gather both system and application logs, instructions can be found HERE.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2015

Thank you, Joel for the response.

I am currently out of the country for a few weeks, so unfortunately I am unable to carry out any of your action plans at the moment.

A few questions:  

1. Should I put the 5 Ghz  capable speakers on the 5 Ghz band (the ST 10s) and the other two on the 2 Ghz band (the WaveTouch and the SoundTouch 20 (non Bluetooth model)).  This is on a dual-band router with a different SSIDs for each band.  Which SSID to I connect the phone to?

2. Is this meaasge from you?

Community Admin3 sent you a request titled "ST20 SoundTouch application and System Logs."

I just want to be sure...

Robert

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi ST20, 

Thanks for responding. Yes, putting the ST10s on the 5 GHz band and the others on 2.4 would be perfect. As long as your router doesn't have an "AP Isolation" setting enabled, this should work. Your phone should work when connected to either band. Also, yes, Community_Admin3 is us. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2015

Hey guys.  I'm back in the States.

I clicked on the link in this message and I am refused access

Access Denied
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there,

That was to upload logs to dropbox, correct?  I can send a new request.

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2015

The link was to a set of instructions for me to follow (not the data upload).

I went through my email and I was able to find the document again:

Brian M Moderator

Re: January Update

I will follow those instructions this weekend and report back.

I have the email for dropbox dated January 30th.  However, I do not have instructions how to gather the data and then upload the data (phone, speakers, etc).

Robert

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2015

First update (09:00 EST on March 10, 2018)

All of the speakers are disconnected from both android and iOS phone app.

As always, the physical presets are working.

I'm going to stop right here until I hear back from you with instructions on data collection and upload.

Robert