Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ch85
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Prevent SoundTouch SA-5 from Stop Playing in AUX Mode

I want to know is there any way to prevent SA-5 to stop playing in AUX mode..

Chronology : I'm using my Mac Mini's iTunes as the audio source (through Line Out) and connect the cable to SA-5 AUX1. I put schedule task (applescript) on my Mac to change the playlist every few hours and in some scripts I put volume down and volume up depend on the day and time (at night 23.00 PM I put the volume down to 15% so the audio will not disturb when people sleep and at 6.30 AM I make the volume back to 100%, all of this automation using applescript).. The problem is I found sometimes the SA-5 got disconnected from the source and back to Stand By Mode (Ready to play), it happens every 1-2 days (randomly)...

Is there any way or idea to put SA-5 always connected to the source and not back to Stand By Mode?

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Prevent SoundTouch SA-5 from Stop Playing in AUX Mode

Author Accepted Answer selected by ch85

Hello @ch85,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with the SA-5 amp here.

This amplifier automatically turns off after certain periods of time, either after 20 minutes of inactivity, or after around 8-12 hours of playing in order to save power.

Whilst it is possible to turn off the 20 minute inactivity option, there is no option within the system to disable the power for 12 hours. This is mostly to maintain the safe use of the product, and to ensure that this is not left on while at work/away from the speaker for long periods of time.

From the situation you have described, this seems like a system you would want running for periods of 24 hours or longer, with the Mac automatically updating everything throughout this time.

My advice in this situation would be to either add pauses/periods of no music into the script and start playing again (As this would reset the 8-12 hours cycle) or to have the speakers power down in times when you expect this would be most convenient.

I hope this answers your query!

Liam_W - Community Support 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by ch85

Hello @ch85,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with the SA-5 amp here.

This amplifier automatically turns off after certain periods of time, either after 20 minutes of inactivity, or after around 8-12 hours of playing in order to save power.

Whilst it is possible to turn off the 20 minute inactivity option, there is no option within the system to disable the power for 12 hours. This is mostly to maintain the safe use of the product, and to ensure that this is not left on while at work/away from the speaker for long periods of time.

From the situation you have described, this seems like a system you would want running for periods of 24 hours or longer, with the Mac automatically updating everything throughout this time.

My advice in this situation would be to either add pauses/periods of no music into the script and start playing again (As this would reset the 8-12 hours cycle) or to have the speakers power down in times when you expect this would be most convenient.

I hope this answers your query!

Liam_W - Community Support 

View solution in original post

ch85
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Hi, thanks for the answer,

Yes, the original plan is to run audio 24/7.. 😄

So just for make it sure, if I put the pause / stop script to my iTunes (audio source) it will prevent the 8-12 hours auto stop / stand by right? And when the script start / resume the iTunes playback the SA-5 will automatically resume the audio as set before (for example source from AUX1)?

Thanks 🙂

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Thanks for getting back!

I can confirm that when the speakers stop playing from the source, and then start playing from a source again that this does reset the auto-stop timer, so when this is resumed again you should be able to set this to automatically resume from the source.

I hope this helps clear this up!

Liam_W

ch85
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Great, I will try it and if I need more explanation I will ask again here..

Thanks 🙂