Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 8, 2015

Privacy policy concerns

Hello - just bought the sound touch 130 - went to download the app- and for life of me I can't figure out why a privacy policy such as yours  listed is needed.Has a real person even read this ? Or just lawers? Seriously you collect everything and share it with everybody basically. Why would I agree to have all my web data , browsing info ,name , address , etc etc gave to all third parties, and there agents and sellers etc etc etc. In this time of security concerns there's no way I want to agree to that. It makes  me so angry I may return my 1300$ system I just bought, beyond ridcoulous. 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Re: Privacy policy concerns

David,
We'll inquire for you about a clarification of the privacy policy and follow up with you here as soon as possible.
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

David –
To follow up on this:

Bose only uses and shares the personal information for the purposes listed and in strict compliance with the privacy policy.  To clarify, we do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.  We do share information with providers that is necessary for operation of the SoundTouch system and for customer service needs.  This includes music services and other features that integrate with our systems.

If you prefer, you can choose not to share your personal information with Bose Corporation during set up. You may set up and configure your SoundTouch system with mock account or anonymous personal information, however, you will not receive important information about product updates and other communications from Bose.

If you have specific concerns about the privacy policy we’d be happy to discuss them with you.  You can send an email to privacyandsecurity@Bose.com and we’ll follow up with you as soon as possible.

Thanks! 
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 24, 2015

I totally agree with David. I also was shocked by the eagerness and the hunger for my personal data within Bose. I pay a premium price of € 199,- for a SoundTouch 10 and why does this give Bose the right to collect so much personal data!  Even if I would make a dummy account this doesn’t stop Bose off gathering ridicules amounts of personal data. Because I can’t opt out of it (it’s mandatory that Bose gathers so much data) it should be placed on the box and people should be aware of this mandatory regulation before they buy these product!
For me it was a gift so difficult afterwards to send back to Bose. Would I have known it upfront I would not have given this Soundtouch 10 even if it was free. People pay for a speaker not for Bose to collect so much personal information!
Can Bose please publish what data it’s collect from my SoundTouch 10 and can it build in the option to opt out!
It was a waist of my € 199,- and for sure I will not expand with more Soundtouch's
Robert
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Robert. 
Jason's response above covers all the general details we can provide here on the forum. Plese direct specific concerns about the privacy policy in an email to privacyandsecurity@Bose.com and we will follow up to discuss them with you as soon as possible.
Thank you.