Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cris80
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

Problem with Alexa, Spotify and Soundtouch 300

Dear comminity

I have the soundtouch 300 system with the latest firmware 24.0.7.

With the remote control and bose app I can successfully connect and run my Spotify Premium account. 

I have successfully configured the skill Bose on Alexa App and I can correctly control the Bose from the Alex app.

Then from the Alexa app I configured my Spotify Premium account and made Spotify as the default service.

Here comes the problem: if I say Alexa "play rock from Spotify on Bose" Alexa tells me that he is not able to play it on this device. 

Basically with Alexa I can play music from Spotify, but only reproducing music by the phone, viceversa from Alexa I can play music on the bose, but only if the music comes from Amazon music, not spotify

I've been following this guidebook: https://www.bose.it/it_it/support/article/controlling-soundtouch-systems-with-the-bose-skill-for-ama... with success. 

Can you help me please? 

Thx, 

Cris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Problem with Alexa, Spotify and Soundtouch 300

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cris80

Hi Cris80,

Welcome! Thanks for joining us in the community!

Don't worry you aren't doing anything wrong with the Alexa skill or your speaker. Control for Spotify is not currently available from the SoundTouch skills for Alexa, so this is not something that you will be able to start playing using voice controls at this time.

From the link you provided I am going to guess that you are in Italy, and currently, the music services you will have available to you from the Alexa skill are Amazon Music(Prime and Unlimited), TuneIn, and Deezer.

As controlling Spotify using the skill is something you would like to be able to do, I will make sure to pass this on to our development team for consideration!

I hope this helps clear this up for you. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cris80

Hi Cris80,

Welcome! Thanks for joining us in the community!

Don't worry you aren't doing anything wrong with the Alexa skill or your speaker. Control for Spotify is not currently available from the SoundTouch skills for Alexa, so this is not something that you will be able to start playing using voice controls at this time.

From the link you provided I am going to guess that you are in Italy, and currently, the music services you will have available to you from the Alexa skill are Amazon Music(Prime and Unlimited), TuneIn, and Deezer.

As controlling Spotify using the skill is something you would like to be able to do, I will make sure to pass this on to our development team for consideration!

I hope this helps clear this up for you. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Cris80
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

Hello Keith,

many thanks for your feedback. 

Yes, please inform R&D if it is possible to add this feature, here in Italy Spotify is the most used streaming service.

Thanks,

Cris

garysan
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

I too (along with many others I suspect) would very much like to see the Bose Alexa Skill have Spotify functionality as that's what I subscribe to and don't really want to change or have additional subscription.

Many thanks, Gary.