claradea
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Problem with soundtouch account

Dear community, I purchased a Bose soundtouch 20 (the last one in the shop, on display), but we managed to make it work only via bluetooth. It is connected to the wi fi network (fixed bright white indicator), but when I try to configure it via app with my soundtouch account, it gives an error. We tried all day of Christmas with 2 pc windows, 2 macbook air, 2 iphone and ipad. The message is always the same, we don't know what to do anymore! I attach error images and app version. Thank you very much if you help me.
From Italy
Claraapp soundtouch version.pngmsg errore bose soundtouch 20.png

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Re: Problem with soundtouch account

Hello claradea,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry that you're having trouble connecting your SoundTouch 20 to the SoundTouch application.

I am not familiar with the language displayed on the error messages, but I believe that pushing a manual update via USB to the speaker has resolved this issue for many other users. You can do this by visiting the article >> Manually updating your SoundTouch system << and following the instructions.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
claradea
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Dear Charlotte,

thanks for your answer, however we downloaded the app from the download page of the Bose website and from the Apple app store, and when we open them, the system says that the app is updated.
The error message I posted earlier says:
"Unable to connect. An error occurred and the speaker could not be added to the soundtouch account. Please try again later."
We tried for 2 days, but the problem continues.
Sincerely

Clara

Charlotte_G

Hi Clara,

Thanks for getting back to me.

This update is not for the app, it is for the speaker itself. You need to follow the instructions to manually update the speaker using a USB connection. You won't need the SoundTouch application for this.

I hope this clears things up.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!