Highlighted
ludwig.maes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

Problems streaming from synology DS212J since update to 14.0.30

Hi Bose Support,

I'm experiencing problems with streaming from my DS212J synology NAS since update 14.0.30.

The problem persists also after the upgrade to 14.0.33.

I've tried rebooting NAS, router and all soundtouch devices (1x30, 2x10).  I've even executed factory reserts on the soundtouch devices and re-connected them to my network.

I can select music from the NAS and it will start playing but after 10-30 seconds, it looks like the connection drops and I get a 3103 error message on the app.  After a few seconds, the system may resume playing for a few seconds, sometimes skipping to the next song and eventually loosing connection completely.   Sometimes a 1654 error message pops-up inbetween too.

Prior to the upgrade to 14.0.30, playing from the NAS worked perfectly OK.

Must say that that my DS212J received an upgrade to DSM6.1 too in the meanwhile, including Mediaserver v1.7.0-2810 .  I've contacted synology too and they are claiming it must be a Soundtouch compatibility issue as streaming to e.g. Windows media player from the NAS works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ludwig

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Problems streaming from synology DS212J since update to 14.0.30

Hi Ludwig,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with your music streaming.  

I'd like to confirm, when you are selecting music from the NAS drive, are you selecting it in the SoundTouch app?

These are all the same tracks you were playing before the update, correct?  

Are you playing individual songs, or playlists?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
ludwig.maes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Most of the time I'm indeed selecting music from the NAS from the Android SoundTouch app.

However, I've also tried to start music from the windows app and to assign music to the presets and then start it from the preset buttons on the ST30 or the ST10.  All with the same result ... described in my original post.

I've tried paying playlists and albums.  Same issue occures for all music that I'm trying to play.  All of my music is in MP3 and prior to the update I've never had issues with any song.

Regards,

Ludwig

Highlighted
Flabbus
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Since the update flurry, neither of my NAS systems can be accessed through the App.  Am in the same boat.  If you did not change your NAS settings, then why would you need to after an app update?  Bose App teams put out glitchy updates and then we, their customers are tasked with trying to get back the use of our devices.

TechNick
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2017

Unfortunately I'm facing the same issue with my DS211 in combination with software version 14.0.33.

Playing music via the playlist was always working fine and still works via other applications but not my SoundTouch 520.

Highlighted
mattius
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Strange, 

im running a DS216play and a DS116j and both work fine.

M

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @ludwig.maes,

I'd like to escalate this issue.  If you could collect log files from the one of your SoundTouch systems and your computer, following these instructions: https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Collecting-and-Submitting-SoundTouch-Application-an...

I'll e-mail you a request to upload the files using the e-mail address in your forum account.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
ludwig.maes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for escalating this issue.

Logs have been created as per the instructions and uploaded.

Let me know if anything is missing or if you need additional info.

Regards,

Ludwig

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again ludwig,

There's one more step I'd like to have you try.  If you go into the settings of the NAS drive, then go into DMA compatibility, you will need to make sure the Bose speakers are checked and selected in this list.  Try enabling this and seeing if it works.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
ludwig.maes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

Hi Brandon,

Can confirm that all devices listed in the NAS' DMA compatibility screen - including my 3 ST speakers - are checked.

Regards,

Ludwig