Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

Maybe you could install a router behind a router and connect to that.  I used to have a setup like that.  It seems like a drastic solution, but might solve your problem.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

I spoke to my Bose Sales Rep today (I work for a retailer who sells Bose) and he not surprised. Apparently the sales and support teams have lost any remaining confidence in the competence of the software engineers. It’s a **bleep** shame for the sales arm of Bose because salespeople such as myself are no longer recommending Bose as a wireless option for customers.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

That is not an acceptable solution, I have multiple streaming devices (chromecast, steam link, etc) that work just fine without having to install extra routers. These devices stream HD video, so why can't the bose soundtouch device stream 128kbit/sec audio? I had to stream through the chromecast to have music at new years eve.

@bose: any idea when a fix will be available?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello grrava,

I apologize that this is affecting you as well. The development team is currently investigating and working on a fix for the DHCP bug issue. Once we have more information, we will let the community know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

I am having this same problem with my soundtouch 10 and 20 network (two 10's and one 20). No problems with wifi connectivity but constant intermittent pausing of pandora. My workaround is to go into the app, back out of the broadcast and reload the pandora station that was frozen. The same song that froze will begin to play mid-song. It will continue to work for about 30 minutes until the next pause.

I also have noticed strange new problems connecting the speakers in wifi broadcast mode. The app will show them playing but some speakers will be silent. Even the soundtouch 20 will show as connected on the app and show the correct song on the physical speaker display while playing nothing (volume turned up).

All of these problems started around October or November with that update. Never a problem before, constant problems ever since. The problem is squarely on a buggy update. Could it be related to the new Aux broadcast function? This is a great feature, but I get the feeling something fundamental got mixed up trying to add it.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Thy should fire the engineers... it is a shame that they do not find that problem easily. Wifi is not a rocket science.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Fire those engineers...wifi and DHCP are not rocket sience. It is a big shame for Bose. If you ask a lot of money for a device , make sure that it is at least decent.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

FYI at home I have Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link with a static IP ( not hard coded to the device  its been Resever at theDHCP Pool)  Since I use RTI Processors for my automation ( I need Statics/reservations)  and I have no problems with pandora.   My gear is NEtgear Router doing routing and DHCP only ( Radios are Off)--> Luxul PoE switch --> Luxul AC access point à  Bose Soundtouch. 

At my office I have Harris Router doing DHCP and routing --> Xirrus High Density Access point   --> St 10 and that speaker is giving me problems right after the update……   maybe 10 -20 minutes off palying Pandora cuts off…. Wireless light blinks on the ST-10. I do a Quick on/off and music returns.

I will be assigning a static to the ST-10 to see if that takes care of the problem.

My 2 cents

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

Good morning,

I have two ST10 speakers and when I listen to some mp3s I have on the local computer, I hear the interruptions too. It's really annoying.
I use Windows 10.
The two speakers have the software 17.0.8 and I have assigned a static IP address.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Same issue here after firmware update. 

I found that removing the dhcp lease from the router SoundTouch will reconnect.

is something related to the dhcp refresh. Btw my router’s dhcp will never expire, so I think that SoundTouch is triing to renew the lease anyway. 

It’s really a shame. An over expensive device with an incredible stupid bug that your programmers are not able to fix?