vandrew
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello grrava,

I apologize that this is affecting you as well. The development team is currently investigating and working on a fix for the DHCP bug issue. Once we have more information, we will let the community know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

It has been more then a month since 17.0.8 was released on 28th Nov and we all affected by this issue. While Bose engineers investigate, can you at least let us have the option of going back to the last firmware version? Right now it is impossible to stream internet radio smoothly. I have already set my router 5GHz and connect all ST to them. I fixed static IP to all ST. I have set my leasetime to 24hrs. Yet from my router logs, I see ST rejecting the static IP and got a random DHCP IP. Every few minutes music stops, if lucky it resumes. Otherwise an orange light. 

Right now I do not know when a fix will come. Can I contact customer service to return and refund all my ST at home? Because we want to listen to Singapore radio and I am based in Sweden.   

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello vandrew,

The suggestions that have worked for other users are not guaranteed to resolve everyone's issue. I understand the frustration this is causing with our customers. We do not have a good way to downgrade firmware at this time. If you want to contact customer service, go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of page and select "Contact Us".

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Vivic
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

To think these speakers were working perfectly until this update.

And what I can not understand is, Do the engineers from Bose don't test the software updates on the Bose devices before releasing? They don't test their own release?

How hard can it be to find such an " easy fixable" bug?

Bose should gives us the option to choose if we want or not to update the software of the devices on the app because as it is right now the SoundTouch app wont let you use the app if there is a software update release and you don't do it.

At least, we would think twice before doing any updates from Bose because lately, they are just getting worse and not making the speakers any better.

It is truly a shame for such expensive speakers....

Lawgna
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

My SoundTouch also constantly stops playing and it doesn’t matter the source... ipad, Android or pc. Just great!

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello all,

Thank you for your posts. A firmware update that addresses the DHCP lease time issue was released today. Details can be found here. To perform this update, please open the SoundTouch app and select your system at the bottom of the app. The system-tray menu should open. Here, you should be able to select an option to update your system. Repeat this as necessary for any remaining systems by swiping right/left in the system tray menu (once the update is complete). 

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

fvangroe
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Thx Brian,

Update done on SoundTouch30....looks that de system connects to wifi.

Will do more in depth test tomorow.

Highlighted
Tannabata
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

Been playing music for a few hours and no issues here
grrava
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

I installed the update, unfortunately it did not help. I'm streaming radio and every 10 minutes the music stops. Only difference: the wifi indicator does not flash.

rippa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Hi Brian. 

Thanks for terrific news. I'm gonna check it later today and get back to u with (hopefully) good results 🙂

Cheers.

Jiri

fvangroe
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Fewer interruptions than before the upgrade but still the connection is gone, I have the impression that the connection will be restored.
Conclusion: still not stable