Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

The fix solved the issue. I have again a stable wireless connection like I used to have before the previous update.

Many thanks Bose support!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello all,

We're thrilled to hear that the recent update resolved the issues for many of you! For those of you that are still experiencing issues after the update; could you please try the steps I've listed in this thread?

Thank you,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

I have been testing my speakers since the most recently update and so far so good.

No more problems with the music stopping. Back in business again!

Thank you Bose team!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

This problem is still not fixed for me. The only thing that improved is that spotify, instead of stopping completely every 10 minutes, now only pauses for +/- 20 seconds every 10 minutes. Any news on this?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi grrava,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues after the latest update. Could you try the steps I've listed in this thread? Please let us know your results. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

The prior update seems to have fixed my problem on my 10s and 30, however my 20 still has playback gaps.

One of the steps in the "how to fix it" referenced thread says to make sure the 2.4 and 5 ghz wifi have different SSIDs. For those of us with modern mesh routers (I have the eero system with 9 APs) this is not possible... all frequencies use the same SSID and there is no way for a user to change this. The Bose firmware must be able to handle this condition.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

It worked fine after the update from January but since two days again the white square and no music. After on and off a few times it plays again..........pfffff

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ejl123,

Thanks for the post.  The SoundTouch systems aren't fully compatible with Mesh networks, and won't be able to switch access points on the fly.  I'll forward this up to the software team to see if the functionality can be added with a software update, or if it's a hardware limitation.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

A stable mesh network should not be a problem. All the other Bose speakers are working ok now. The one with the issue (my 20) is sitting next to an access point; whenever I check its connection I find it is always connected to the same AP at the same frequency and according to the Soundtouch app the connection is "great". All my speakers have the same firmware version 17.0.12

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Also, I get dropouts over bluetooth from iPhone X. Dropout frequency and duration are about the same as WiFi.