Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

Hi Giesmo,

Thanks for the post. 

If you go into the SoundTouch App and go to Settings>About and select each of your systems, what is the listed RSSI value?  We want them to be "Good" or better.

Are your SoundTouch speakers connected to the 2.4 or 5 GHz network on your router?  If there is a lot of interference in your area, I would recommend you connect your speakers and devices to the 5 GHz network.

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

I am also having this issue with my Soundtouch.  Streaming to all other devices works great, even HD movies from Netflix and Vudu.  Tried the static assignment trick and didn't work.  Tried internet radio and Pandora.  An ETA when this will be resolved.  I have invested a lot of money in Bose equipment and this is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

My speaker played well since the update in January/February BUT this morning another update from Bose and yes ........the white square is back again........

Again no music when turning on the speaker. How is it possible that when something is good, Bose gives another update and the music is gone again??? My speaker is still cabled so not by wifi. I hope the problems won't start again........

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

My speaker played well since the update in January/February BUT this morning another update from Bose and yes ........the white square is back again........
Again no music when turning on the speaker. How is it possible that when something is good, Bose gives another update and the music is gone again??? My speaker is still cabled so not by wifi. I hope the problems won't start again........

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

There are numerous problems being experienced by Bose users since the May update, from no play all function, to music fading in and out, lights on speakers showing music is playing but no sound is heard etc etc etc. Its a right old mess, apparently Bose are on the case and its there number one priority to fix it. Its into the third week now!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

O no not again.........

I had this problem at the end of 2017. It took Bose a long time to fix it with an update. My speaker worked fine after that. This morning I had to update again through the app..........and problems again........it's very sad for such an expensive speaker. I wish i could ignore the updates and leave it the way it was when it plays good pfffffff

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

The only answer from Bose Netherlands is....update speaker......pffff that causes the problems again. Hopeless that problems start again.....no internetradio when turning on the speaker and white square.

is there no update already?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Pumi1000,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues.

Is this happening with Play All, or playing audio to multiple SoundTouch 10 speakers at the same time?

If so, there is a thread at the top of the SoundTouch community with information located HERE.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

I have a soundtouch 30 speaker and after the last update of May when turning on the speaker it makes plays no music when using the presets. A white square is in the display. After turning on and off a few times it starts playing. Speaker is cabled so not by wifi. This problem was also end of 2017 and after the update in February is plays perfectly untill now again.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Pumi1000,

Thank you for the reply.

Does this happen with all music sources? I understand that this had been working prior to the last update, have you tried a reboot of your router and or switch that may be in place?

Kind Regards,

Joel