Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

Bose sent an update this week which did NOT resolve the problem. I have to play via Bluetooth on my iPad, which means my iPad can't be used for anything else as it has to be left near the speakers so the signal stays connected. I did not bus Bluetooth speakers, I bought WiFi speakers that worked perfectly until Bose created an update for the speakers in late November.

Bose emaployess: stop replying to us and telling us to unplug, restart and reinstall. My speakers have a "good" WiFi connection; the problem is not with the router. I have spent 4 or 5 hours on the phone either waiting for or speaking with a Bose technical support person. The problem was created by Bose engineers winth the November update. I'll give Bose one week more to fix the problem, but if the problem persists I am returning my speakers and buying Sonos.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

I see this problem on Soundtouch 10, 20, and 30. iOS is not involved. I set the station using a button. Started after 11/28 update. Everything in house power cycled with 2 hr power outage last night. Still has problem. Pandora channels, amazon channels, streaming internet radio channels. After 10 minutes or so it seems to get better.

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It seems like everytime they solve one problem, they create two more.  Weird.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

update... I set a Windows PC next to the soundtouch 30, had it play the same streaming radio station, also through wifi. The PC played the audio just fine. The soundtouch 30 dropped repeatedly. It does not get better over time. It seems as though the 11/28 update broke or reduced the ability of the soundtouch speakers (I have 10, 20, and 30) to properly track the received audio sample timing, so it drops the channel and has to resync. These all used to work perfectly.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi mbar,

Thank you for your post. I understand you have exhausted all the steps to attempt to resolve this issue. I want to get this escalated to the engineering team for you.

What is the make,model and age of your router?

You can use this procedure HERE to gather application and system logs. Please place the logs HERE.

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Routier10,

Thank you for responding back to us. Since your system is close to the router, can you confirm if this issue still occurs with an Ethernet cable? This would help me determine if it's interference related.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Joel

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Hi Joel,

I can confirm this issue doesn't exist when using an Ethernet cable.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello ejl123,

Thank you for your responses. Please go into your SoundTouch go to the menu, then settings and about for each system. Let me know what your signal strengths are for each system. Is this happening for all sources that you are using or just internet radio? A couple things I would suggest:

• Reboot the router, unplug for 30 seconds from power
  • Remove and re-add systems to your account 

Best Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Routier10,

Thanks for your quick reply. Do you know which band you set the SoundTouch system on, was it 2.4 or 5ghz? I would suggest to try the 5ghz band since it less susceptible to interference.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Joel

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Hi Joel,

the Fritz box 7360 I have doesn't allow me to change frequency. I'm only on 2.4ghz.