Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

I wonder how long it will take for Bose to fix this problem!

It really is highly annoying specially being so close to the holidays, you want to enjoy your music and you have to keep turning off and on the speakers in order to listen to them.

Like I said, I have my speakers for over a year and never had this issue before until your last software update.

You guys know the problem is with your faulty update and still keep telling us to power cycle the speakers, reboot the routers, remove and disconnect the speakes and so on...like it is our fault.

But, let's be honest here. This is Bose problem.

Stop keep asking us to troubleshooting these speakers when you know it is your software update problem. Get your heads together to find the problem and release another update to fix this issue.

Bose got to fix this. I know Bose have great speakers but defeats the whole purpose when you have software updates that keeps downgrade them or making them unusable.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Vivic and Routier10,

I would like to gather system and application logs from you so I can escalate this to our engineering team. The instructions can be found HERE

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Hi Joel,

Log files have been uploaded. During the logging (which took about 5 min in total) there were 3 pauses whereby ST20 stopped playing briefly. Hopefully this shows clearly in the log.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Routier10,

Thank you for the details, I will be sure to add those notes to the information that has been sent to engineering.

Thank you,

Joel

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Joel,

I upload the files.

I sent you 2 files. One while playing Spotify and the second, while playing Pandora.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

I am having this problem as well. It’s only just started since the last software and firmware update. Super annoying
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Hello Joel,

I did some testing on my speakers today.

I have removed them from the Soundtouch app (so the app couldn’t find the speakers). 

and I started to play the speakers only, without the app, using the preset stations that I have previously configured on them. So far, it has been playing for a few hours without a single stop.

This tells me that the problem is really with the SoundTouch app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Hello,

I am having the same issues as the ones described here, since the las 2 or 3 weeks.

At the beggining i though it was the router, then i changed the router, and i still have the same issue. 

I have soundtouch 10 and is continously pausing or stopping in local music from a nas, radio station and spotify. in spotify the app seems to unsync from the speaker, speaker is playing a song and spotify says the next one, then speaker stops and i got amber led. 

if i play radio station just using the ones that are preseted, it stops every 1 or 2 minutes, and the wifi led blinks as if it were loosing signal. 

All of this problems were not present 2 or 3 weeks ago and now is impossible to use it without the aux cable. 

please send some update to fix the problem!.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Hi Joel, Bose team,

any luck with the analysis of the log files? Can you please share some feedback?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Routier10,

Thank you for reaching out. At this time they are still investigating the issue. Once we have a response, we will be sure to let the community know.

Best,

Joel