Highlighted
Tannabata
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

Brent or Joel,
Is it possible to install the previous firmware on the SoundTouch devices? It will be a lot more convenient than waiting an unspecified time for a fix
grrava
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Hi,

I just tried what you suggested, but it didn't help.

At the moment when I play a song, it does that in pieces, it can't play the song continously. Other wireless devices in the house work just fine streaming Netflix, which is a lot more data than just sound, so I don't believe it's the quality of the wifi that is an issue.

You mentioned something about older firmware, where can I find that? I would love to have a working device.

Thanks

Alex

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you all for posts. I'm sorry, we don't have a good way to downgrade firmware. The development team is currently investigating this issue and could be related to the recent DHCP bug we have discovered. We will let the community know as soon as we receive more information.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

kvzonrise
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Hello all,
i was trying to post days ago but the sign in was not working from my pc.
The thing is, i have changed the router, it was behaving weird but still my speaker was failing with the new one, but a little less bad. Then i have completed the reset process, then log in and configurate again and then i have changed to the 5ghz network. Before with the other router, or modem from the company to be more precise, never let me connect it to the 5ghz network even when i had it working on my computer. Well after all that the speaker started to behave properly again.
So at least for me it is solved. In case it helps, but i doubt it, the modem was cisco epc3940l.
Good luck
Vivic
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Hey Joel,

I have done the same test for the second time and I want to pass it on my finds to you.

I completely disconnected my speakers from the Bose Soundtouch app so the app couldn"t find the speakers anymore.

And I started to play my speaker using only the preset stations setup previously on them and it played flawlessly for the whole day.

No stopping whatsoever. Like it was before the software upgrade with the exception that I could not use the "play all" feature because the speaker was removed from the app.

So, to me, clearly this problem is within the Bose Soundtouch app because as soon I reconnect the speakers to the Bose app the problem started all over again.

Hope, this info will help in any way.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi kvzonrise,

Thank you for sharing! We're glad to hear that using the 5GHz network worked for you!

Vivic,

Thank you for sharing your results. We appreciate this additional information. Unfortunately, we don't currently have any information as to whether or not the DHCP bug is affecting just the SoundTouch app, SoundTouch speakers, or both. Until an update is available, we'd recommend trying the steps Brent has shared on the previous page of this thread. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Tannabata
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

I’ve removed the speakers from the SoundTouch app and have been using Spotify without interruption for a few hours now. Unfortunately I can’t use multI room function but at least the music is not getting interrupted
rippa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Hey guys,

I've done some tests. I've been using Mikrotik RB951G-2HnD for a year so far and never had a problem but after reading a post that this could be connected to dhcp problem, I've done som digging. I gave a static IP to bose, well this didn't help, but even if the static IP is granted, the lease for each device is still refreshing each 10 minutes. (default value - doesn't matter whether the IP is static or dynamic) 

I figured out that after 10 minutes when the lease needs to be renewed, bose somehow losts connection - the music stops,

then

if dynamic IP is granted - bose gets a new totally different IP (that's odd, it shoud get the very same IP...),

if static IP is granted bose of course get the very same IP but the connection with router needs to be reestablished

then bose gets a new connection and after few seconds the music continues (the same song but from the beggining) (if played from NAS),

if played from spotify app, i have to push the play button again.

So I've increased the "lease time" to 5 hours, and cancel the dynamic IP for bose and gave it static IP (just to be sure)

now everything runs smoothly.

Maybe this could help someone.

Cheers

btw, my wifi runs on 2Ghz and if I play music from spotify I don't use soundtouch app at all.

grrava
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Not sure if this is helpfull, I'm streaming an internet radio today and every few minutes the speaker stops playing, the wifi indicator flickers, and then continues.

The speaker is quasi next to the router, other devices stream just fine.

grrava
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

And I just checked, when the music stops and resumes, indeed the ip-address has changed.

Unfortunately this is a router from my ISP and I have no access to the DHCP settings. What can I do?