Highlighted
Vivic
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

Hello,

Since Nov-28 when Bose had an update available for my Soundtouch 10 speakers it can not play anything like Spotify, Pandora, preset stations anymore without pausing the music randomly and getting stuck with the fourth light on the speaker with the bose icon blinking blue and when it happens you have to turn the speaker off and on again in order to play the music back.

Very annoying issue when you always had a flawless experience with the speakers and then Bose screwup big time with the last update.

My soundtouch app version 15.120.23, Interface version 17.170.81, Protocol version 59.

I have already power cycle my speakers, removed and added them but the problem still there.

This is a ridiculous problem for such expensive speakers. Having updates that messup instead of improving the quality of them.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

I appreciate any help.

101 REPLIES 101
Highlighted
Vivic
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

How long does it take to get someone from Bose replying the message???

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Vivic,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your systems randomly pausing.

Have you also done a power cycle of your wireless router?  If you could, unplug the power for 30 seconds, then plug back in.  

How many ST10 speakers do you have?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Vivic
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Hello,

I already have that done and the problem still there. I removed the speakers, added again, reboot the router and nothing seems to fix it.

It started after the last update done by Bose.

Before, I never had this problem and I have my speakers for more than a year.

Btw, after the update of my ios 11.2 now the soundtouch app screen, when you swipe the app screen, keeps shaking.

Now, I can see that the music says it is playing on spotify and connected to my bose speaker but there is no sound coming from the speaker and on spotify connect says it is connect to the bose speaker and the fourth light on the bose soundtouch 10 speaker, the bose light, is amber.

when I open the bose soundtouch app it says ready to play.

when this happens I have to actually turn off the speaker and turn on again for the sound to come out of my speakers. It is so annoying because it happens randomly, out of the blue, music stops. Specially for the price we pay for Bose speakers.

No doubt, great sound, great speakers when they work. But you guys are killing these speakers with these software updates filled with bugs.

With Pandora, is even worse.

I have 2 Bose soundtouch 10 speakers.

Highlighted
mbar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

I'm having the same problem. I spent almost 5 hours last week either on hold or speaking with technical support. If they had just said "Nothing we can do at the moment, wait for an update coming xxxx," I would have been fine, but instead they finally agreed to refund my money for buying the speakers. 

I'll wait a few more days for an update as I don't want to go to the trouble of packing up these speakers and sending them to Bose. Also, before the update the speakers worked perfectly.

Hey Bose programmers: get it together and fix the update bug.

Highlighted
Adinis
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

I am also having the same problem since the update yesterday. I have re-installed everything, it is still there! 

Before the update, never a problem.

Should we just sit and wait until next update or what? It is not cool! 

Highlighted
Routier10
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Same issue here but now with Soundtouch 20. Since the update internetradio is pausing every 2 minutes just for a few seconds never had any issues before. I could listing for ours without any interruption. Very anoying! Bose support can you please advise solution?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Vivic, 

Thank you for responding. Regarding the issues with the iOS app, can you try to uninstall the app, reboot your iOS device and then re-install to see if helps? 

There are a few other things I'd recommend to help fix the issues with your SoundTouch 10s. First, let's check the signal strength to the speakers just to make sure we don't have an issue there. Here is the process:

• In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left 
  • Choose "Settings" -> About" 
  • Select the desired system to view that system's information. Signal strength is listed as "RSSI Signal Strength"

If the signal strength is good, I'd recommend factory defaulting the systems and re-configuring them to your network. The process for this is HERE. From what you've described there are some very unusual LED behaviors that are happening. 

Please let us know.

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi mbar and Adinis,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues as well. Do you have a pair of ST10s? Are the LEDs behaving just like how Vivic described? If so, can you try the steps that we have provided including checking the signal strength? Curiously, what is the make and model of your router?

Hi Routier10 ,

Does the connection LED on your ST20 always stay white when this happens? Can you try to unplug both your router and the system from power for 30 seconds and re-test? Are you connected with Wi-Fi or by Ethernet.

Thank you

Highlighted
Routier10
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Hi Brent,

I can confirm the connection LED stays white and I'm connected via WIFI. 

I tried unplugging router and the system as per instruction but no improvement. I do notice that signal strenght first shows "excellent" but just after the short pausing it shows "fair". This is quite odd since the ST20 is just 2m away from the fritzbox and should only show "excellent" signal strenght at all times.