Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Problems with music randomly pausing on soundtouch 10 speakers

Hello ejl123,

Has your SoundTouch 20 always been sitting right next to the access point? Only reason I ask is because this can be a direct source of interference to the SoundTouch system. Are you able to move it at least 5-6 feet away from the access point for testing?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Oh come-on, are you serious?

Multiple people report connection problems with the devices, to the point that they just stop being useable. And all you recommend is "Try putting it closer to the wireless access point", "But not too close or there may be interference", "Did you reinstall the device for the 10th time in row (as if that would hellp)", "Try not using your 5GHz band", "configure your router so the device has a fixed ip address", etc.

There is not one other wifi-enabled device in my entire house that disconnects every few minutes/hours, they have all a perfect connection. The location of these devices does not matter, they work always. They do not have a fixed ip-address.

As it is now, anyone purchasing a soundtouch device today must be made aware that they must take special care where to place the device, or it might not work.Like to gamble? Spend 400 euros for a device that only works in certain unspecified places in your house, fingers crossed!

So why do you keep telling people that there might be "interference", that's just bull**bleep**. Just fix the problem or admit there's something wrong with the hardware.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

Well said Grrava!
Bose should deliver a good product and not put the problem in our shoes. My soundtouch 30 worked perfect for 6 months........than an update from Bose and problems started........

The update from January 17 was good but then my app updated again a few days ago and yes again the white square and no music.

My internet is good and speaker is already connected with cable.

The product should be good!!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 23, 2018

When are they going to fix this??!!!!!Been going on for months now!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

It seemed like my problem was solved for a month or two. But as fate would put it, Bose put out another firmware update and I'm back to the same bone headed problems. C'mon, Bose! What is your major malfunction?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with audio playback.  What exactly is happening?  Is audio pausing at random times?

If you go into the SoundTouch app and go to Settings>About and select your system, what is the RSSI value?

Let us know so we can get this resolved.

Best Regards.

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 10, 2016

Hi Bose

I have the same problem. I’m using Deezer, and after playing about half an hour it stops playing.
I’m using a Videowave III, SA4 and SA5.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @Giesmo,

Thank you for posting. Does this currently happen with all music sources or just Deezer? What have you tried for troubleshooting so far?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

Hi, I've not read all of this rather lengthy thread, but I have read enough to know that there is an issue with this product. An issue big enough for customers to make the effort to search the web for a solution. An issue big enough that I consider the product not fit for purpose.
My soundtouch will rarely play any internet radio station for more than an hour or so before stopping and restarting. Occasionally it doesn't even do that and I need to reboot it.
It doesn't matter what WiFi router I use, at home, at work, my mother's, my friend's. The radio station choice is irrelevant too: the problem is the product.
I won't be buying Bose again and I'll share that sentiment with anyone asking my opinion.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 10, 2016

Hi Joel

I only has Deezer for playing songs, but it also stops playing when I use the built in internet radio on the SoundTouch app.

It’s very strange that it is all of my Bose devices who stops playing.

I have tried to change my router, and to use the same WiFi channel on the router instead of let it change it automatically but nothing helps.