Alan Maher
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Problems with wifi and bluetooth conection with my Soundtouch 20

Hello,

A day ago, my soundtouch 20, has had problems to conect to the internet and to conect via bluetooth. It only works with ethernet. The wireless symbol is always in yellow, but with the soundtouch app i cannot conect to the internet, it says that there is a problem to conect, try again.

In other hand, my smartphone an tablet can detect and conect with the soundtouch via bluethooth but the speaker doesnt play the music.

I buyed my soundtoch 8 months ago, is the firts time that this occurs. 

Some idea what cai i do??

3 REPLIES 3
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Problems with wifi and bluetooth conection with my Soundtouch 20

Hi Alan,

We appreciate you reaching out to the community. Let's get that up and running for you. The first thing I would suggest is to try resetting the speaker. 

Perform a product reset by following these steps:

• Turn the system off
  • On the system, push and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds

If that doesn't help you can try restoring the product to factory specifications. 

To restore the factory defaults, perform a factory reset by following these steps:

• On the system, press the Power button to turn the system on
  • Press and hold 1 and Volume - for approximately 10 seconds. "Hold to restore factory settings" will appear on the display and a countdown from 10 will begin 

Note: Factory reset clears all source, volume and network settings from the system and returns it to original factory settings 

Once the reset is complete, launch the SoundTouch app on your computer and once logged into the app, add the system to your account (and network)

Please give that a try and let us know,

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Alan Maher
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Hi Tony,

I have tried several times  resseting the speaker and restoring the product to the factory defaults, but it doesnt work. 

Have another idea?

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Alan Maher,

Thanks for responding. You mention that you reset the speaker and restored it to factory specifications. Could I ask, are you having wireless issues with anything else on your network? You might want to try resetting the router by

• Unplugging your router from electricity.
  • Wait 1 minute.
  • Plug the router back in and wait for all the lights to come on.

If you could give that a try and come back and update us.

Regards,

Tony