Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

Question about surround sound soundtouch 300

Trying to connect my new Soundtouch 300 to my Sony XBR-65X850C.  It's a 4K Bravia.  I'm using the HDMI ARC Connection (but have also used the Digitial Audio Connection).  I'm using the cables that came with the Bose system.

The problem is that about every 10 minutes, the sound cuts out for about 1 second and then comes back on.

The TV itself does not do this.

I've updated the Soundtouch to the latest software and have tried different CEC settings.  Nothing seems to address this.  

In checking online, there seems to be a number of similar situations, but I've yet to see a fix.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

- Chuck

3 REPLIES 3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

Re: Question about surround sound soundtouch 300

Hi!

Any suggestions on this.  I've been working on getting this addressed for the last 10 days and I'm almost at the point where I'm thinking I just need to return the system and go with a Sony product.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

- Chuck

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Hi Chuck,

I have a similar setup except the TV is LG 4K. I had this issue couple of times but then I found an internal setting in the TV. In LG, I had to register the soundbar as a source under HDMI ARC. Once I did that, there has been no issues. TV and Soundbar works together smoothly. You may refer to Sony TV guide for similar registration if any. 

Cheers!

Deep  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

Thanks for the message Deep.

I looked for a similar setting within the Sony and did not find any sort of register function. 

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know and thanks in advance.

- Chuck