Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandebr978
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

Re: Question for Bose about the upcoming ability to rebroadcast AUX sources

Is this a software upgrade or will I need a new SoundTouch 300 to take advantage of this ability to rebroadcast AUX source to a soundTouch 30 and do I need to buy a new SoundTouch30?

If it is software will I receive an announcement that software upgrade is available?

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your questions! This feature still isn't available, but is definitely still on our roadmap! At this time, the information found in the feature announcement linked at the beginning of this thread has the latest information on this feature. That being said, I'll do my best to answer some of the questions you have posted:

Ability to send TV Audio to additional SoundTouch Speakers:

Yes, as long as you can connect your TV or cable/satellite receiver's Audio-Out to the AUX input of your SoundTouch speaker, this would be possible. 

Setting AUX as a SoundTouch preset:

Currently, only music services that are available within the SoundTouch app can be set as presets. Instead of selecting a preset, you'd simply select the AUX source either on the speaker itself, remote control, or within the SoundTouch app. 

Will I need to buy a new system to take advantage of this feature?

If your system is listed HERE, you will likely gain access to this feature via a software update. However, keep in mind that this list isn't necessarily final; it includes the current systems that are being targetted for this feature. If any changes are made, we will keep you updated!

Thank you,

Brian

Aencell
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thank you for this information.
Is there any way of telling whether the rebroadcasting of auxiliary inputs like hdmi and optical for the ST300 is still on track for the end of this summer?
I'm thinking of buying several products in the Bose ST line, but the rebroadcasting is a key feature for me that I definitely need.

Kind regards,
Elio
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Aencell,

Thank you for your question. At this time, there isn't any new information. We will be sure to provide informational updates as they become available. 

Best regards,

Brian

jaya70
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

Hi Bose Team,
I tried streaming from Aux to other soundtouch devices but it still does not work. I live in Malaysia. Has the software update reached this region yet or is it coming soon?
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi jaya70,

Thanks for the post.  AUX Rebroadcast is not yet available in the SoundTouch App.  Once it is released in a future update, it will be immediately available globally.

Thanks,

Brandon