Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Radio error 3104 - RTÉ 2 FM, Irish Radio

Hello Bose Team,

RTÉ 2 FM does not work anymore with TuneIn Radio.

It Works without problems via the TuneIn Internet Page and with the TuneIn App on my phone and pad.

You can search for it in the Bose App and it shows up but always gives Error 3104.

Soundtouch Version 17 on Speakers and all devices (iOS), Windows 10 and macOS

Regards,

Central

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Radio error 3104 - RTÉ 2 FM, Irish Radio

Hey Central,

Thanks for the info.  Do you know if this also happens in Internet Radio as well?  And other stations are working on your SoundTouch system, correct?

Typically we would have you also contact the TuneIn support e-mail, which is support@tunein.com and inform them of what's going on.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi @Brandon_M,

It works with the TuneIn Web page, it works if I use RTE 2 FM via Liveradio.ie, still works with V-tuner.

Just doesn't work with Soundtouch. I'll drop them a line too.

Regards,

Central

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello CentralBK,

I am going to pass this along to our engineering department for them to investigate for you as well.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi @Joel_D@Brandon_M,

I got a reply from TuneIn Support:

Paste mail on:

Hi B.,

Thank you for contacting us. This station streams in a format M3U that is not compatible with Bose Soundtouch device. Please contact the broadcaster and ask them to provide us with an mp3 stream.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Should there be any concern, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Name removed
TuneIn

Paste OFF

A lot of web radios are providing m3u files for their stream and I cannot believe that Bose does not support this ...

Anyway, this is the link I got from RTE's web site for streaming: http://av.rasset.ie/av/live/radio/2fm.m3u

Cheers,

Central

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey again Central,

Thanks for posting the e-mail.  Our systems do certainly work with .m3u streams, which I've personally tested other .m3u streams as working.

I'm going to escalate this in a ticket to engineering, as I think it might be something going on with TuneIn playback on our end. 

I'll update as soon as I have any further info.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi @Brandon_M,

Thanks for follow up this issue.

As aditional information -> This station works without problems with the "old" Internet Radio (V-Tuner) in Soundtouch V17.x (the only thing is in search you must use the ' - sign on the É, if not its not found, TuneIn works also with just rte 2).

Cheers,

Central 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you much Central, I tried searching for RTE via vTuner and couldn't find it; This explains it.

Added that to the ticket.

-Brandon

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi @Brandon_M@Joel_D,

What about this issue?

I've been in contact now with Irish RTÉ Radio and TuneIn. There are no known problems for both of them. 

This station(s) work without any problem with any app or web browser I've tried. They even work with Soundtouch Internetradio (V-Tuner). It did work flawlessly with the introduction of TuneIn in Soundtouch. 

Now, since 12/2017 it does not anymore. Any update on this?

Regards,

Central

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Just checked on the ticket; No response from engineering.  I've pinged them again to see if I can get a response.

I just tested RTÉ Radio 1 in the office, error message in the SoundTouch app, and on the TuneIn website (tried Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge).  I also remoted into my personal computer at home, tried in the two web browsers and had the same error messages.  However, we tested in the TuneIn app for iOS on an iPad, and the station worked just fine.  This doesn't exactly make sense, so hopefully engineering comes back with some encouraging information.

Best,

Brandon