Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2016

Rattling from Acoustimass 300?

Hi all,
Just got the acoustimass/ST/VI 300 set last week. Reconfigured my setup and got it hooked up with surround sound enabled by going 4k bluray into HDMI in to soundbar and soundbar to ARC so I get the best possible audio for my movies. So I tested out Batman V Superman and while it's certainly louder and more crisp I've noticed I'm scenes with a lot of bass with the acoustimass turned all the way up I hear a lot of vibration/rattling coming from the sub. While it's mostly drowned out by the rest of the speakers I can still notice. I thought this sub can take being up all the way? If so, is my sub already DOA?
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Rattling from Acoustimass 300?

Hi Ppk487,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.  Do the vibrations/rattling sound like something that might be loose inside the AM300 or maybe a piece of material bouncing around?  Or at higher volumes does it sound like distortion?  The sub can handle being turned up all the way, but depending on the input source, there may be some distortion at extreme (100%) volumes.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

I have the same issue with my setup as well. Watching Netflix plugged directly into the soundbar with hdmi pass through. Only at certain (low) frequencies even at lower volume. It almost sounds like a piece of paper fluttering by the bass port.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2016

Same thing Jay. Seems like moments of deep rumblings causes it the most. It's not even a week old if I have to I could get a replacement.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

If that fluttering is happening at low notes and low volume, there may be something wrong with the bass module, and I would recommend that you contact your local support center to arrange for service.

If there are any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

I've been through 3 brand new acoustimass 300's. The issue is consistent. I'm willing to bet it has to do with interference of my wireless router. However, this should not be a problem. Is Bose aware of this issue and do you guys have a plan to fix it?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ELPENA,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. If multiple Acoustimass 300 Wireless Bass Modules are experiencing the same issue, it is definitely possible that wireless interference could be causing the issue. If you haven't already, could you try temporarily disconnecting your router to see if the issue stops? 

If the issue does stop while the router is disconnected, I'd suggest the following:

• If possible, try to create distance between the router, bass module, and soundbar. 
  • Check to see which frequency bands this router broadcasts (2.4GHz, 5GHz, or both). 
    • If both, try going into your router settings and disabling one of the bands to see if the issue improves. Be sure to try disabling both and see which provides greater results. Many routers require a reset after setting changes, so be sure to unplug your router for about 30 seconds after making any changes. 

Let us know if anything changes!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

But if you look down in some of the other topics, this seem to be a problem related to the new update, many is complaining about this, and pour sound in general.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2017

I’m having the same issue too. Movies and music at lower-mid volumes. There is a plasticy rattle whenever the low notes kick in. I’m constantly having to turn the bass up and down in the nose remote during use. This is a brand new sub. Is this normal or do I have a defective sub?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

My issue was actually just an empty box in the room that was vibrating from the sub. I would suggest to check all around as the issue may not be the sub at all.