Highlighted
andywoodlands
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 130 Home Theatre

My SoundTouch 130 system will no longer transmit hdmi video or audio signal from the hdmi port on the centre console to the hdmi/cec port on my Samsung tv (4K hd). I am inputting a virgin v6 box to the centre console and getting no sound or picture. Nothing wrong with the television port as the v6 will connect directly to the tv.

All was working fine 3 months ago. All updates are in place and I’ve checked and rechecked all settings, console, tv & v6 box.

anybody help?

Andy W

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andywoodlands
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by andywoodlands

Unit was returned to Bose and the HDMI port was replaced. Problem resolved.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Andy, 

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. Do you know if the Virgin V6 box has a CEC setting that can be adjusted? HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) feature may need to be disabled for some devices connected via HDMI. This can resolve a variety of inter-operability issues between devices, power state changes, source changes, remote control operations or other functions. Can we see if disabling this is an option? In addition, we may want to try and adjust the CEC setting on the Bose console to "Alternative" or "Off". Here are the steps to make this adjustment:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
  2. Press the down arrow to navigate to "3 HDMI-CEC"
  3. Press the left or right arrow to adjust HDMI CEC setting:
    1. DEFAULT ON: Enables CEC
    2. ALTERNATIVE ON: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. OFF: Disables CEC
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

Also, can we check to see if the non-working input has an audio connection assigned to the non-working video source? The ANALOG, COAXIAL and OPTICAL inputs are for audio-only sources. If an HDMI input on the console also has one of these inputs assigned to it in the System menu, it will not play audio or pass video to the TV. 

Please let us know if these steps help or not. 

Kind Regards

andywoodlands
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by andywoodlands

Unit was returned to Bose and the HDMI port was replaced. Problem resolved.