Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich T.
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Re: Speakers continually resetting, crashing or unresponsive

Every time I select my Wave SoundTouch speaker in the SoundTouch app I get the following error:

HMM.
There was a problem checking for the update.
(4004/0)

I don't see this error with my other SoundTouch speakers.
(They are  currently running software version 24.0.7).

Any ideas how to stop the error from occurring all the time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rich T.
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rich T.

My Wave SoundTouch speaker upgraded itself to V25.0.0 yesterday and the error has finally stopped occurring.  🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rich T.
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rich T.

My Wave SoundTouch speaker upgraded itself to V25.0.0 yesterday and the error has finally stopped occurring.  🙂

View solution in original post

Rich T.
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I spoke to soon, my iPhone app updated to version 26.0.1 and with the Wave SoundTouch still at version 25.0.0 the error has re-appeared.

Very annoying.

I didn't see this error on my SoundTouch 10 and 20 speakers and they have since upgraded to version 26.0.1

If the bug can't be fixed I guess I'll have to hope that the Wave SoundTouch gets updated soon because the problem does not seem to occur when the app and speaker versions are the same.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Rich T.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If your Wave is not able to update automatically, and you are unable to access it from the app, what I would recommend doing is updating it manually. You can do this by following the steps shown HERE. I find the method using the USB cable to be the easiest to do, so I would recommend starting by following the steps for that method.

You will also want to ensure you download the right update file for your model of Wave SoundTouch as the file for the Wave SoundTouch Music System and Wave SoundTouch Music System IV are both available on that link. You can double-check which you have by using our Product Identifier

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Rich T.
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Thank you for your response.
While looking for the Wave's serial number I unplugged it. When I plugged it back in again it updated itself.
Now that the Wave and App versions are the same again the error has gone away.
Should it re-occur I'll try turning it off and on again and if that doesn't work I'll try one of the manual firmware update methods you suggested.